• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Long For Hormones To Drop Away

Christine662

Warren Scout
Hi:wave:

In a female, how long does it take roughly for the hormones to drop away after spaying?

Lilah has been done 5 weeks ago, she was bonded with Frankie last weekend which went great (all loved up). But since then she has started digging and seems even more hyper than normal. He was done some months ago the rescue says.

I'm thinking its hormones & she thinking babies & this will calm down?

Christine x

Around 6 weeks is average I believe.

I guess they live outside?

It could be something coming around their hutch at night which is upsetting her. OR a smell on the air etc.

Hi:wave:

In a female, how long does it take roughly for the hormones to drop away after spaying?

Lilah has been done 5 weeks ago, she was bonded with Frankie last weekend which went great (all loved up). But since then she has started digging and seems even more hyper than normal. He was done some months ago the rescue says.

I'm thinking its hormones & she thinking babies & this will calm down?

Christine x

In my experience, 6 - 8 weeks :D

Thanks all.

She has been lively to say the least since we had her, but since Frankie arrived in her life at the weekend she is even more so. Binkies like a mad bunny especially in the mornings. Frankie does too but not to the extent that Lilah does. That is good to see. The digging is new for her since his arrival. She just races round a lot more than she did. Hoping its happiness:) He is so calm. Cute as a button. They both are. Best thing ive done.:love:

Christine x

Back