• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bertie - Adoption Day!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
So yesterday I adopted Bertie. He is a rescue bunny, who was on the waiting list with a friend of a friend to get into a rescue. They saved him from a place that wasn't looking after him (and another bunny, who is also lovely), they were advertised on social media, and the photos were so horrible they went and got them. Unfortunately but understandably, the wait was long to get into a rescue so I adopted him direct from them. He is currently at my best friends house, as his vaccinations need a bit more time to get into his system before I bring him into my house.

The last time I adopted a rabbit was Pebbles in 2007, my first rescue rabbit and I didn't know anything, so this is a nice change.

So, here's Bertie, aka Bertie Botts which has become his nickname. (If you love Harry Potter, it makes sense!)

Having a look around in the piggy room at my friends (they were obsessed with him haha)

He needs to be neutered, and then when he's recovered I'll bond him with Pebbles.

He was very interested in my friends piggys, and he went and laid down beside their pen, while one of her piggys was the other side, so that to me is a good sign. He was flicking his ears and doing little "pre binkies" whenever he went near them, so I think he will be easy to bond - i hope. Pebbles is old, and almost blind but she's so friendly to other rabbits I think they will bond okay.

Just need to get those plums removed now haha.

He was very interested in my friends piggys, and he went and laid down beside their pen, while one of her piggys was the other side, so that to me is a good sign. He was flicking his ears and doing little "pre binkies" whenever he went near them, so I think he will be easy to bond - i hope. Pebbles is old, and almost blind but she's so friendly to other rabbits I think they will bond okay.

Just need to get those plums removed now
haha.

Shhhhhhhhh, he'll hear you !!

So yesterday I adopted Bertie. He is a rescue bunny, who was on the waiting list with a friend of a friend to get into a rescue. They saved him from a place that wasn't looking after him (and another bunny, who is also lovely), they were advertised on social media, and the photos were so horrible they went and got them. Unfortunately but understandably, the wait was long to get into a rescue so I adopted him direct from them. He is currently at my best friends house, as his vaccinations need a bit more time to get into his system before I bring him into my house.

The last time I adopted a rabbit was Pebbles in 2007, my first rescue rabbit and I didn't know anything, so this is a nice change.

So, here's Bertie, aka Bertie Botts which has become his nickname. (If you love Harry Potter, it makes sense!)

Having a look around in the piggy room at my friends (they were obsessed with him haha)

He needs to be neutered, and then when he's recovered I'll bond him with Pebbles.

SJ, he is utterly adorable :love::love::love::love:

Thanks guys! I'm so excited as I get to go and see him again this evening, and then bring him home on Friday :D

Back