• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Connecting shed to run via pipe (waterproofing)

spinecho

Warren Scout
Hi,

So finally bit the bullet and bought a 7x5 foot shiplap pent shed for our two gorgeous minilops Clover and Cuddles.
(aside....bit of advertising as the company I bought shed from were excellent-they made the shed within 1 week! http://www.wrightsheds.co.uk/pent-sheds.htm)

Anyway...I want to connect their existing runs to the shed by tubing.
The tubing is only 3ft max as the runs will be next to shed.

I can't post pictures as we're still digging up the garden so the new turf's not down (bunnies are still in their hutches/runs[emoji23] [emoji23] )

But after spending £400 on a shed I want to make sure the connection between tube and shed is waterproof! [emoji23]

So, what solutions to connect tubing to sheds have the gurus on this forum used?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

945cd35d94b738ba281a9e7582e48930.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Use proper mesh under the turf, and put it directly under the turf around the edges of the run at least because I layed mine a little too deep I think and I'm worried my little Nethie might slip her way through the gap! I also put an inner mesh door on my shed which I made out of an old run I had and I've left that open most of the summer as the shed can get quite hot with the door shut

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks great :love: back when I had outside rabbits before they had the shed and aviary, I used runaround pipes and connectors to connect hutch to run, the pipes are perforated for safety but they don't get waterlogged as its perforated top and bottom. The runaround connectors are fully weatherproof and chew proof as they are a very hard wearing Perspex kind of materiel that won't rot. They loved the tunnels :love:

Back