• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free running

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
I really want my rabbits to be able to have free run of the garden.... my garden is really large though and im worried about losing them.... Ted did escape his run a few days ago because my grandson wanted to help and didn't do the latch properly.. first I knew was when I spotted him running past the window lol! Anyhow he didn't leave the garden and although I couldn't catch him I was able to "steer him" back to his hutch.... what are your thoughts on free roam and has it ever gone wrong?? I want them to have as much freedom as possible but not to put them in danger if they left my garden......

Absolute no-no unless your garden is fully secure and there is no chance of escape. Also bare in mind that any gaps that would allow a rabbit to escape, will also very easily allow predators in. Sorry x

Have you a metal run? You could use panels to cordon off a good area for a run without total freerange.

Back