• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Blackberry

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
So I've been wanting to introduce a new bunny to Waffles and Dumblepaws for ages, and until now, wise people have always disuaded me - as trios are hard to bond, and the most unstable
Anyway, a friend who'd said she was never having another trio decided to have another trio, and BARC had this little fellow who caught both mine and OH's hearts, and we thought if she was going try another trio, we should too....after all, we could always give him back to the rescue if ti didn't work out, right?
Her trio didn't work (yet, anyway), and neither did mine.
We then tried new bunny with another girl which also failed.
So he needs a break from bad experiences with other bunnies and is staying as an indoor housebunny for a while whilst his and our nerves settle a bit.

ComOtbTWcAAfTlV.jpg:large

hello Blackberry. Another gorgeous black bun, he is very sweet. Trios might be more hard work & more unstable but they are three times the fun- I hope they work it out eventually

Blackberry is adorable. There are those bunnies thar prefer to be an only bunny maybe he is one or maybe he just has not found his right match yet.

He's a monkey - totally happy to snuggle and play but hates being picked up...We're working on it
He got on OK with Waffles - just that DP hated him. So I tink there will be somebunny out there for him somewhere. Once he's comfortable with being handled, I'm on the lookout for a chilled out widow bun as I think that might be the right type for him (but if not, happy to go with whatever works for him!!)
And then maybe one day we will look at all four of them becoming a happy quad, but baby steps!!

Aw he's lovely :) I'm going to be attempting a trio soon, so I'll probably have my work cut out :). I already have a trio of litter mates, but the three I want to bond are all singles (two boys and a girl) the boys used to be together, but their previous owner said they fell out. I'm must be mad :lol: x

He's very cute :love: I hope it all works out eventually with a friend, but I'm also sure he's enjoying being a housebunny living inside with you at the moment.

What lovely little guy :D I'd love to try a trio, but I'm a coward! Though they didn't freak out when I left Luna's smell all over the carrier :twisted:

What am I saying?! I also don't have time or money for another one! Well, I DO have the money but only if it never needs medical care beyond the usuals! :lol: :roll:

The very best of luck with him, whatever happens :)

Back