• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Shimmer THANK YOU X

JessBun

Mama Doe
I'm so sorry it took me so long - I've had a really dreadful week (probably worst one in quite a while) and not been feeling very up to much to be honest. But I hope you understand it doesn't make this any less appreciated. I didn't want to give a half hearted thanks and would rather wait till I was up to typing properly :lol: Hope you understand x

I just wanted to say such a heartfelt thank you for the massive package of forage you sent for my buns. To my surprise (have one very fussy bun) they dove in straight away, and especially appreciated the willow, as did the piggies :D I really wasn't expecting anywhere near as much as you sent :love:

I offered some fresh straight away, but decided to dry some too, as there was so much of it (again, thank you so much, very generous of you :love: ). Pictures of buns/piggies munching away came out very blurry (as I hung it from top of run so they had to work for it - mean bun/piggie mum :lol:), but rest assured there will be pics when they are offered some more of the dried and aren't wiggling about so much :lol:

I believe from what I've seen on the forum, Shimmer has done this for other members too. She wouldn't accept postage - instead saying to donate to pledge a pound or a rescue instead if I felt I wanted to. The time she took to get this all from her allotment, package it up, plus post office trip etc, & the kindness in the act itself is really just so wonderful. Plenty of forage/herbs in there that my lot hadn't had before so wonderful enrichment for them.

Although I've had a bad week, this did cheer me up immensely. I love nothing more than seeing my buns/piggies happy and enriched, and being able to do this when my budget was so tight was just lovely. Such a lovely kind member we are lucky to have :D And I do hope, that my bad week and late to post doesn't make you think this wasn't any less appreciated. I really was just taken aback by the kindness.

For now, have a pic of the bundle plus the only decent pic I managed to get of buns - one of them waiting for me to give the forage, and not looking at all happy about the wait :lol:

That is lovely, how kind :love:

Your buns are lovely :love:

Hope you have a better week next week xx

That's lovely. Hector and I still remember her kindness when I was struggling to collect enough to feed him when he was poorly. So very very kind. :love:

The time she took to get this all from her allotment, package it up, plus post office trip etc, & the kindness in the act itself is really just so wonderful.

Exactly this :love: I think it was really lovely of you to do this Shimmer. For me anyway, such an act of kindness is worth so much more than someone just arranging for a box of chocolates to be sent via the internet to someone.

Back