• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 at the vets today + 1 sample. Good and bad news.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Babydarling the chinchilla has mild conjunctivitis, which I knew it would be.

Mr Bennett, Bandit and Georgia were there for the new vaccination. Georgia has an abscess on her jaw. In nearly 18 years of having rabbits this is the first time I have come across an abscess. Georgia has to go back on Monday to have a GA and have it flushed. It's below where she has no teeth. Wendy drained it today.

I took another Wickham hamster urine sample in and her glucose level is normal, so no diabetes but will continue on new diet anyway.

Mr Bennett, Bandit and Georgia were there for the new vaccination. Georgia has an abscess on her jaw. In nearly 18 years of having rabbits this is the first time I have come across an abscess. Georgia has to go back on Monday to have a GA and have it flushed. It's below where she has no teeth. Wendy drained it today.

I took another Wickham hamster urine sample in and her glucose level is normal, so no diabetes but will continue on new diet anyway.

Sorry to hear about Georgia's abscess. What a bummer :(

How did Wendy manage to drain it?

Blimey, a block booking !! Good news about Wickham but I'm sorry that Georgia has an abscess. I'll be over at C's on Monday so I will probably see Georgia :love:

Hope BD's conjunctivitis responds to treatment xx

Sorry to hear about Georgia's abscess but good that it was found on a routine examination, that's how Erin's was found too, I had no idea at all.

I'm sorry to hear about Georgia's abscess :( I hate the horrid things. Sending vibes that her treatment is successful.

Sorry to hear about Georgia's abscess but good that it was found on a routine examination, that's how Erin's was found too, I had no idea at all.

Same here, felt terrible and not obvious at all. Wendy is great, sadly she discovered Cutie-pies tumour on her liver.

It was syringed to relieve the pressure and Georgia is very chilled out in there shed. Poor girl is always going to have teeth problems.

Jane I will be sitting on the steps at 8.15 am, waiting for the doors to open .

Thanks everyone for the vibes, much appreciated.

hope the treatment for the abscess goes well you sound like me, I had rabbits now 19years and mabels is the first and she will also need it operating on to at her next dental

Same here, felt terrible and not obvious at all. Wendy is great, sadly she discovered Cutie-pies tumour on her liver.

It was syringed to relieve the pressure and Georgia is very chilled out in there shed. Poor girl is always going to have teeth problems.

:lol:

I hope Wendy has recovered from her cycling 'incident' !! ;) :lol:

I hope Georgia's treatment is successful, sending lots of vibes. I hope Babydarling's conjunctivitis goes away quickly xx

Poor baby, good luck xx

Back