• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Demand for bonders

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
Do you think there is much demand for rabbit bonders? Like are there many people out there who will go and guide owners in the bonding process?

I remember when I was looking, there was literally 1.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I would happily go and help bond bunnies. It's not easy and usually is very stressful, but most of the times it is worth the effort.

Yes there is, but its a really complicated business. It is really stressful bonding someone elses rabbits and you'd also have to find a way to protect yourself if something did go wrong as unfortunately some people will blame the bonder and hold them responsible. Obviously you'd have a duty of care, but there is an element of risk that bonders just can't protect against.

The only things in life that are guaranteed are death and taxes!!! Yep, bonding is stressful and there is a duty of care, but hopefully the bonder and owner(s) would understand and appreciate that fact. In the end it is all down to the bunnies...we can just try to make the bonding(s) more successful.....but never 100%.

Insurance would be very important for the bonder. I can well imagine people trying to sue if a rabbit should be injured in the process.

To my mind at least half of the job is finding the right match. I do an awful lot of bonding but I won't persevere when they aren't compatible. Rescues are really the best ones to do bondings as they have extra candidates if the initial attempt doesn't work. You get to know the rabbit better with each attempt too and can better judge who to try them with next.

I have considered offering a bonding service but most people who want help are people with rabbits they have already failed to bond. Once rabbits have had a good scrap they are inclined to carry on in that vein so I want nothing to do with it. I have patched up too many fight injuries to take risks forcing ill matched rabbits together.

Yep, bonding is stressful and there is a duty of care, but hopefully the bonder and owner(s) would understand and appreciate that fact. In the end it is all down to the bunnies...we can just try to make the bonding(s) more successful.....but never 100%.

Unfortunately they don't. Many think you can magically bond rabbits that just wont get on or think that experienced bonders can ensure 100% that no bun will get hurt. I've never had any injuries or failed bonds but that is because they are my rabbits who's characters I know well. You don't have that luxery with other peoples rabbits. I also would never force a bond and people don't understand that, they've picked a random rabbit because they think a friend is the right thing to do but don't have the space for seperate bunnies and expect miracles.

I only bond for close friends/family who I trust do understand what it is about.

My preference is refering to a rescue so bunny can choose its own companion.

Back