• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a trio

mljordaa

New Kit
Hello all. I have recently lost my female lionhead named Kiwi. I am totally heartbroken. My neutered male, Pambi, is now so lonely and is looking for her everywhere. I made the mistake of burying her after she died in my arms instead of showing her to Pambi so that he could understand and grieve for her. I have been offered two spayed females from two different rescue centers - the question now is: would you recommend me trying to bond a trio? Space is no issue: two large clapiers connected by tunnel for the nights so the foxes dont get them, and more than 25 square meters of greengrass during the day. Pambi is 6 now and I adore him. He is sweet, lovely, comes hopping when called. I dont pick them up and do not allow the kids to either. I want to rescue another from a cage and give her a new, free outdoor life. Any advice/suggestions please?

I'm sorry you lost Kiwi. Trio bonds can be hard work (esp involving 2 females although its good that they will be the newcomers so won't be too territorial) :It is impossible IMO to say whether it will work or not - that is up to the bunnies:lol: Adopting just one of the females would make life a lot easier for you but of course that only gives one bun a fantastic new life. I assume as they are in separate rescues the girls haven't met / aren't already bonded. If you do decide to bond a trio you will need a plan B in case it doesn't work whether that is finding one a new partner & having 2 couples, or returning to rescue :(

Vibes for Pandi. Its horrible to see a bunny grieve (showing the body doesn't necessarily make much difference so don't worry too much about that. My bunny who really struggled with bereavement had loads of time with her sisters body)

Back