• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround / Welfare Hutch Connectors

Hey Guys..

Been looking at the connectors from runaround and welfare hutch, but tbh they seem quite expensive. And having just spent nearly £400 on vet fees :cry: I'm not sure if I can justify the price of them...

Has anyone ever made there own, the old wooden welfare hutch connectors look reasonably simple to make?

Any help would be appreciated!

Yes, we did: they were relatively simple but I had to borrow my parents' jigsaw to do the roundy-bit!

10420205_10101600486126768_4433432013333248005_n.jpg

Two bits of (outdoor-suitable) plywood, some butterfly/wing nuts and really long screws (n.b., they don't need to be that long but the playhouse walls are about 2" thick so I wanted to be sure they'd fit and I could reach them!). Make the 'doors', drill some holes (saw the holes into slots if necessary) and done! If you're planning to attach to mesh, four bits of plywood would be better as it's more stable.

ETA don't forget to make sure the WIDTH of the plywood fits between the ridges of the tube! It doesn't on that picture but that's not the ACTUAL tube, just a short test piece we were using :)

Thank you!!

Hopefully going to be ordering the tube later... so I may be asking you questions next week when they come! If that's ok? :)

Back