• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vaccinations

MummyBunnyEm

Mama Doe
:wave:

Dave & Chloe are booked in for their VHD2 vaccines on the 27th of this month. Dave is also due his Myxi/VHD vaccine and I was wondering if he will be able to have it done at the same appointment?

TIA :)

They can't have the vaccine at the same time. They need around 3 weeks between them. Most people do their combination first and then the VHD2.

Mine cost £35 each but it varies a lot between vets

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Also any ideas on how much it costs roughly?

The combined mixi/RHD1 vaccination and the separate RHD2 vaccination need to be given several weeks apart
The cost of the RHD2 vaccination appears to vary widely, there is at least one recent thread which details the costs people have had to pay

it's advised to leave three weeks between the combined vaccine and the new vhd2 vaccine.

costs vary alot. ours was either £21 (nurse clinic), or £32 (vet check) :wave:

Hi, our vet is charging £48.50. I think they are on the higher end price wise, from what I've seen on the forum. This included a multi pet discount. They did receive a health check though too.

As every else has said, they won't be able to have the two jabs at the same time x

:wave:

Dave & Chloe are booked in for their VHD2 vaccines on the 27th of this month. Dave is also due his Myxi/VHD vaccine and I was wondering if he will be able to have it done at the same appointment?

TIA :)

Because the VHD2 vaccine hasn't been trialled alongside the combi vaccine for side effects, the recommendation is to leave 2/3 weeks between them. The combi vaccine takes 3 weeks to develop full immunity, so 3 weeks gap seems sensible.

Prices vary an awful lot, from between £3 at a mobile clinic around £50

These threads might help you :D

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?456446-RHD2-Vaccine-*UPDATED*-30-July-2016

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?457940-Cost-of-RVHD2-vaccinations

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?458176-VHD-1-amp-2-mobile-vaccine-clinc

Last edited:
Our vet charges £80 per jab per bunny for the combi (VHD1 plus myxi)

VHD2 is 2 jabs, £44 each. Per bunny, so again another £80-odd.

VHD2 to be given around 2 weeks after the combi.

:shock: £80 is a lot, the vet I use charges around £30 for the combi

£80 for the combined VHD1 & myxi is extremely expensive. My vet only charges £28.

Back