• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I love my rabbit sitter

Fellie

Warren Veteran
She does make me laugh - I leave strict instructions which she follows to the letter - but most of all she believes in lots of hay....not just lots though, loads of hay - tonnes of hay!!!:lol:

Hubby and I were away for Saturday night so she came in to do the buns Sat'day night and Sunday morning - she used up nearly half a bag of hay - about 4 kgs between the 9 rabbits. Their pens were awash with hay - big piles of lovely hay :lol:

Of course what she doesn't realise is that my fussy buns won't eat stale hay - once it's a few hours old they don't touch it so I've learnt to do small amounts but more often. And because I use straw in their litter boxes - they treat their entire pen which is covered in hay as a toilet :lol:

So spent my day yesterday cleaning out the buns AGAIN (only did them on Saturday) with a rather nasty hangover :shock::lol::lol::lol:.

Wouldn't change her for the world though - she is so reliable, sends texts to let me know the animals are all fine and I would rather too much hay than too little.

Tee hee, brilliant! At least they have a few hours of eating it from everywhere, followed by many hours of toileting everywhere! :D

Sounds brilliant. I'd love to find a pet sitter I can trust for when we go away for just a night or a weekend but they'd have to come into the house....
Wish I could steal her number!

She covers Maidstone area - she lives just down the road from me - she is primarily a dog walker but does other pet sitting, boarding for dogs etc.

She is totally trust worthy - hubby would never leave a key to our house permanently with just anyone - but he is fine with her.

Hope it's okay to put the link to the Company here.

http://www.poppyandpals.com/

Jayne, or Auntie Jayne to bunnies who looks after Bungee is amazing too. She sends emails and photos! :)

Back