• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best buy rabbit toys

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

My run is looking a little bare, so I'd like to get the rabbits a few toys to go in it. We have one or two things already, but need more.

I'm interested to know what others have / would recommend and where from. I don't have a huge budget though and I'm reluctant to buy too many edible things that last five minutes. Three of my rabbits devoured a whole willow tunnel in about two days :shock:.

Thanks in advance x

Carrot Cottages are my go to these days. I always overlooked them before but someone recommended them to me to help Hiro's neck when he got head tilt.
We have 3 in the house and all of my bunnies absolutely love them. They send me insane actually, especially when I'm trying to sleep :lol:
P@H sell them and I believe that they are currently on offer but I get mine from Zooplus because they are cheaper. Mine have lasted much longer than I thought they would and they never leave them alone.
I'm actually considering making toys for my buns myself. I want to order in some Sisal and get a little crafty!

The only 'non-demolishable' toy Kirsty hasn't gotten bored of is plastic keys! I got him some specifically made for animals (on Viovet for £1.20) or you could get baby keys.

Depending on the size of your run, you could get a tunnel or two. :)

I have two in my run but I didn't want to pay a lot for one so I bought two collapsible material laundry baskets from B&M Bargains, cut the ends out of them and they slot together perfectly :)

They are good because they can withstand the elements too!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, great ideas :)

BigBunnyBenji, the run is 12x6ft so definitely enough space for some tunnels. Thanks for the idea. I did have a fabric/wire tunnel a while back, but my other rabbits chewed it and made the wire come out, so it got binned.

If you come up with any diy toys roxyroller, I love to know how you get on x

Not a toy but I love this idea. I'm going to try it on our pen over the next few days. I'm going to hang herbs and a selection of homemade enrichment toys made out of toilet rolls etc :)

Last edited:
One of our home DIYs. Paper bag filled with hay, herbs and treats hung from string which they can rip open and enjoy.

cf5587662b507bf6b9fc6ffab0e70a85.jpg

We've also lay willow and hawthorn branches over the top.

I've made balls from willow I've foraged and I'm planning on making a sisal rope board that they can scratch and dig at.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Mine don't seem to show a lot of interest in toys - a toilet roll tube stuffed with hay & veg / treats is the main thing that's interests them. They have a jingly ball which gets thrown about a little bit bit, and they love those willow balls that come filled with hay but they are very messy and don't last very long! Oh actually one thing they do like is the chill n chew mats but again they only last maybe a week or 2.

They have a cardboard castle which has lasted longer than I expected - it cost £16ish and I bought it for their Christmas. It's still standing although the first floor is looking decidedly dodgy as mine are really bad for chewing cardboard (mainly just destroying not ingesting). Wouldn't be much use outside in a run mind you unless you only put it out on dry days.

Thanks Casco, if I think about it, mine are probably only really interested if it involves food (like most, I imagine). So I might focus on things I can stuff with hay / veggies.

I'm also going to provide some more things they can climb on, as they like to sit on top of the wooden house we just got x

Mine are currently destroying an apple branch - free from my in laws apple tree. I give mine things to chew because they are such destro buns!

My two love the carrot cottages but they get obsessed and stop eating their hay. I now give them their carrot cottage for a few hours then take it away (when they are suitably distracted by their dinner or their nuggets in a treat ball) and then bring it out again the next day. It makes the carrot cottage last longer and ensures that they still have room for their hay.

Hi
Mine love their wooden tunnel which my husband built for them and is behind the sofa, we fill it full of cardboard and they dig inside it. But with regards to toys, they don't really bother with anything especially intended for rabbits. However, I did buy a bucket and spade (mini one) from the Pound Shop and Fred loves it - he sticks his head inside and tosses it around, and 'digs' at it with his paws. Whether he is enjoying this 'game' or really p*ss%$ off that I keep putting it in front of him, I'm not sure! either way I wouldn't spend a lot. You can always resort to empy kitchen roll tubes which are Deedee's favourites.

Back