• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Filivac RHD2 Vaccine-For Anyone Confused About How Often to Vaccinate

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
This information was posted by Richard Saunders (RWAF Vet) yesterday

''There is some confusion currently about vaccination boosters with the Filivac vaccine. I've spoken to the manufacturer this afternoon and they have given the following instructions:
For rabbits older than 10 weeks a single vaccine is enough.
For rabbits at 4 weeks you can vaccinate however need a booster 6 weeks later.
Protection will last up to a year, however in high risk areas a booster should be given at 6 months.''

Mine were done yesterday and the instructions that came with the vacc said it was required every 6 months.

Mine were done yesterday and the instructions that came with the vacc said it was required every 6 months.

Here is a link to the data sheet by the vaccine manufacturers (click on 4th item down)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyxomatosismapfortheUK/files/

It states on there that the duration of immunity is 12 months. Apparently some earlier data sheets contradicted themselves by in one place saying 6 months and in another 12 months. I suspect this is why Richard Saunders has sought clarification from the manufacturers.

Here is a link to the data sheet by the vaccine manufacturers (click on 4th item down)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyxomatosismapfortheUK/files/

It states on there that the duration of immunity is 12 months. Apparently some earlier data sheets contradicted themselves by in one place saying 6 months and in another 12 months. I suspect this is why Richard Saunders has sought clarification from the manufacturers.

Yep, my Vet sought clarity on it from the manufacturers too

I was told 12 months - hope that's right because I hate taking them for jabs!

Back