• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those Who's Rabbits Have Received Felivac (RHD2 Vaccine)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Did any of your Rabbits go into a HUGE moult a few days after receiving the vaccine? All mine have. Lord H was not vaccinated and he's the only Bun who is not in mega-moult. I guess the huge moult could be an unusual sign of the Vaccinated Rabbits having a good immune response to the vaccine. After all, that is what we want !

Benny had just finished moulting so wouldn't have noticed but Ruby's coat is quite thick at the moment and she didn't moult. We are about 3 weeks post vaccine.

not right away but bisc is currently having the heaviest moult he's ever had which is unusual. not sure if it's related to the vaccine though :wave:

No but did go into spring fever honking at me lol

Mabels !! :shock: :lol:

I just thought it was odd that the only Bun not to go into an unusually VERY heavy moult was the Bun not vaccinated. At least if it was an unusual side effect it was the only one as I cant pretend to have been 100% happy about them having the vaccine. Not least because it is manufactured in the same way as the single dose RHD1 vaccines are :cry: But I'll just have to live with that as if I did not vaccinate them and they died of RHD2 I'd never forgive myself.

'Rock-Hard place' really, as far as I am concerned.

Interesting. Mine were vaccinated on 8th July. Nancy is now in full moult and Will is shedding a fair bit too.

I just attributed it to the extremely hot week we had mid - July and didn't even think about it being a reaction to the vaccine.

Interesting. Mine were vaccinated on 8th July. Nancy is now in full moult and Will is shedding a fair bit too.

I just attributed it to the extremely hot week we had mid - July and didn't even think about it being a reaction to the vaccine.

It may not be, I just thought it odd that the only Rabbit not to go into mega moult was the only Rabbit I did not have vaccinated (due to his health issues).

Mabels !! :shock: :lol:

I just thought it was odd that the only Bun not to go into an unusually VERY heavy moult was the Bun not vaccinated. At least if it was an unusual side effect it was the only one as I cant pretend to have been 100% happy about them having the vaccine. Not least because it is manufactured in the same way as the single dose RHD1 vaccines are :cry: But I'll just have to live with that as if I did not vaccinate them and they died of RHD2 I'd never forgive myself.

'Rock-Hard place' really, as far as I am concerned.

I was petrified of potential adverse side affects. As mine are rescue buns I've never been worried about Nobivac as they had received this before in rescue. But with this filavac being new (to UK) and meaning a double dose of RHD1 vaccine I was very worried.

Fortunately they were just their usual grumpy 'after vet visit ' selves.

Mine were in a mega moult prior to vaccination - always so embarrassing when you get a flea-bitten tufty individual out of the carrier :oops:.

I've noticed absolutely no reactions to the vaccine at all.

Mine are having it Tuesday, will keep on the lookout. Mega moult + Smudge = fur cloud. :lol:

Aboleth's nearing the end-stages of her third and second-biggest moult this year: Lopsy's only moulted one and a half times (I'm calling it a half because it was really minor!). They're both due for it Friday so I'll let you know if they DO start (again!!).

It may not be, I just thought it odd that the only Rabbit not to go into mega moult was the only Rabbit I did not have vaccinated (due to his health issues).

Strange co - incidence though.

It certainly seems that Nancy has been moulting for months.

Phoebe went into a mega moult but she also seemed to have a bit of a reaction to the vaccine in sense of health anyway.
Daphne seemed fine - she was due a moult so don't think hers was related to the vaccine.

Just updating: no, no massive moult here. Aboleth's STILL moulting (I think she's never-ending) and Lopsy's started a minor one but I think it's more related to the recent heat. No side effects at all for my two, which is good.

Back