• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is he doing?

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I recently took on two more buns, Sydney and Theo who are lovely and have settled in well. But whilst Sydney seems very calm, Theo has been amusing us with his 'odd' behaviour.

At the moment they have a large run for during the day and a hutch for night time, while we get their new shed ready. The whole hutch is filled with Fitch paper bedding and the sleeping area has a litter tray filled with hay.

From the moment he gets back in his hutch, Theo starts 'beating up' his litter tray and digging / dragging out all the bedding / hay from the sleeping area to the other side. So all the hay gets mixed up in the bedding and there is no bedding at all in the other side.

I don't like to see one side completely empty, so have been putting it back, which starts the cycle again.

I'm not worried at all, just wonder why he might do it. Maybe he just likes things how he likes them or it's fun or something. Or maybe he's kicking off at being taken out of the run.

If it's the latter, then this will be solved soon, as they are going to have permanent access to a run, from the shed x

Sounds like normal bunny stuff. They can be very fussy and he prefers it over there.
you may find once they have a run all night etc that the behaviour will stop

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ha, it is funny to watch as it's not something the others do :D It did seem pretty harmless to me, as he's perfectly happy, or appears so the rest of the time x

I find rabbits tend to disagree with our arrangement skills & feel obliged to do things the right way :lol: Its a serious business

Haha, sounds like Theo is doing the housework after you've messed it all up for him - again and again. ;)

Hi all,

I recently took on two more buns, Sydney and Theo who are lovely and have settled in well. But whilst Sydney seems very calm, Theo has been amusing us with his 'odd' behaviour.

At the moment they have a large run for during the day and a hutch for night time, while we get their new shed ready. The whole hutch is filled with Fitch paper bedding and the sleeping area has a litter tray filled with hay.

From the moment he gets back in his hutch, Theo starts 'beating up' his litter tray and digging / dragging out all the bedding / hay from the sleeping area to the other side. So all the hay gets mixed up in the bedding and there is no bedding at all in the other side.

I don't like to see one side completely empty, so have been putting it back, which starts the cycle again.

I'm not worried at all, just wonder why he might do it. Maybe he just likes things how he likes them or it's fun or something. Or maybe he's kicking off at being taken out of the run.

If it's the latter, then this will be solved soon, as they are going to have permanent access to a run, from the shed x

Yeah, they like things as *they* like them!

These bunnies have masterful minds and know exactly how they want their soft furnishings arranged :lol:

:lol: Thanks everyone. He's probably thinking 'for :censored: sake, I get it how I like it & she just comes along and ruins it again' :D x

Back