• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo & Rory's first bonding session!

Pip&Milo

Warren Scout
So on Saturday we moved Milo & Rory into the same room but seperated by the cage. We were really apprehensive because Milo kept trying to bite Rory through the bars!!! This calmed down after a few hours and we have been swapping them (one in the cage one free roaming) for the last few days. Well today they seemed well and truly comfortable in each others company. Both of them flopping near each other! So we bit the bullet and did our first bonding session. We set a pen up in one of the bedrooms where neither of them have been. We put a pile of hay in the middle and let them loose!
I don't think it could have gone better!!!!
There was zero aggression ! They nuzzled at each others bottoms (I'm reluctant to say nipped as neither seemed bothered!) and mostly ignored each other. Occasionally they would have a sniff at each other or Rory would jump over Milo if he was in the way!
The session ended like this...

PS...some pictures of my happy relaxed babies (because who doesn't love to look at a cute bunny!)

you wouldn't believe we cleaned their homes daily!!!

That's great :) We have been doing something similar. Our two boys came to us living separately, having fallen out and we are going to re-bond them, hopefully. We've got a 12x6 run with a smaller run inside and they take it in turns in each one. So far there has been zero aggression. When our doe is spayed I'm hopeful they can become a trio x

I was so anxious because when we tried to bond Milo with a rescue doe it all went really wrong and ended in them having a huge fight! But thank goodness they seem to have accepted each other. I don't want to count my chickens just yet! I know how quickly things can go south! BUT! When Milo met Molly (the rescue) it was negative from the get go....so positive vibes!

Seems to be really positive! This morning they were flopped out together and we even had grooming x

Back