• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Morpheus, Persephone's husbun: UD. Success! :)

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
Finally, I made a decision, and finally he is here! And finally, he's in the process of being bonded to Persephone (day 2) and it's going pretty well. :)

Here's the story...

Morpheus, or Morph for short, came onto my radar many moons ago when honeybunny posted about multiple single males that were available at Honeybunnies. Out of him, his brother, Coast, and Barnacle, it was him that caught my eye. Never did I imagine that he would become mine. After all, I had 8 happily bonded rabbits when he became available. I just thought he was super pretty.

Then Persephone, the "hamster cage" mini rex, hopped into my life. She changed everything. She's such a big personality and I love her to pieces. But that, everyone knows. I knew that she needed spaying, vaccinating, and either bonding into the quad or another bun entirely. My two pairs - Athena and Apollo, and River and Takumi, I didn't want to risk upsetting their balance by adding another. Either of those pairs becoming trios didn't sit right with me.

So, I tried her with the quad, and it was a disaster. She wouldn't settle. She hates change at the best of times and the quad overwhelmed her. I knew I had to leave them as the happy foursome they were. Another bun was needed.

I approached the charity I adopted Apollo from, and we had a serious falling out. But that's another story, and quite frankly, is now their loss. When I posted on here, honeybunny approached me, suggesting I adopt from them.

At the time, Morph was reserved. I started looking, instead, at the lop babies. And I fell hard for Journey. But, "he" turned out to be a "she" and it was impractical to even think about adopting her, even though I wanted to (and a part of me still does. Gorgeous squishy face girly she is :love:)

Morph's reservation fell through. His potential wifebunny fell ill and that meant he was looking for love again.

At that time, I was in a flap. I thought about reserving Morph, but it was slightly too soon. He could easily have been adopted in the month I had to wait until I was ready to pick up a boy for Persephone. In that time, he was almost bonded to another girl at Honeybunnies, but she attacked him. (honeybunny informed me that she went home with the beautiful Sandpiper.) So, he was still alone and still available.

Then, a few days before the adoption, it was between three single bucks - all they had available to adopt. I *finally* reserved Morph. Third time lucky for him, I hoped. And third time lucky for me too - after the lionhead buck at the other charity fell through, and Journey turned out to be a girl.

He is SOOOOOO FLUFFY. Much fluffier than his adoption picture made him appear. He is such a handsome boy, but a little reserved, a little goofy, and very sweet. It's made naming him quite hard. Hermes didn't suit him, and he was definitely not a Hades. I wanted to stick to the Greek Mythology theme, especially as he's being bonded with Persephone. I quite liked Pan, or Soter, but no one else did. Mum liked Zagreus, OH *hated* it. Nearly settled on Phineus (or Fin for short) but it wasn't quite working...

Before we even adopted him, OH was suggesting Morpheus. The God of dreams. Plus, with the shortening to Morph, it seems to work well. I'm happy with it.

Of course, Morpheus (or Morph) isn't his full name... so I would like you all to welcome:

Morpheus Wigglytuff Seahorse Honeybunny *surname* to RU. :)

This photoshoot happened in my dad's garden. Wish it were mine! :lol:

P1060968_zps7gxbqbln.jpg

P1060962_zps0d5tjblq.jpg

P1060983_zpszqunzt7b.jpg

P1060972_zpsdzsfhyma.jpg

P1060955_zps0jt1kvpt.jpg

"BONUS" current bonding status: DBF from Morph; Loaf from Sef!

P1060989_zpseybatjmo.jpg

Last edited:
He is lovely! I'm so glad you got your happy ever after with him.
Fingers crossed the bonding continues to go well x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks, all. I love this floofy boy.

Also, good news: he just groomed Persephone when she asked. TWICE!

Oh, he is beautiful! Reminds me of my lovely harlequin lionhead boy, Niney. Much missed.

My goodness...that is one magnificent Greek god! :shock: :love:
I love his name (I love all your pet's names, they are so unusual) he definitely suits it.

Welcome to the RU family, Morph! :love: You are going to get a LOT of photo requests sir! :D
Lucky Seffy, she's going to have to be on her toes to keep the other girls away from this laddie! (and not just the bunny ones! ;) ) xxxxx

Thank you!

Bonding is being a little difficult at the moment. Nobunny seems to be able to decide who'll be top bunny. And it's resulted in a wee fight. No blood or fur loss, just lots of angry honks and snorts from Seffy - she's such a vocal bunny. :lol: I've managed to separate them and they are back to being harmonious with one another. Sef just won't groom him. Morph's groomed her, several times actually. But they also both go for the hump still. In some ways, I just wish Morph would submit to her because then everything would be so much easier.

Rabbits, eh? :roll:

What lovely photos of our handsome lad :love:
thank you so much for adopting him. It was lovely to meet you all and glad you got a cuddle with Journey!

Re bonding..don't worry too soon..it can take 7-9 days as normal..so a couple with a small scuffle is to be expected..give them lots to do..so toys and nice things to eat so they accept each other being there while nice things are happening..I'm sure it will work as it seemed meant-to-be! :D

What lovely photos of our handsome lad :love:
thank you so much for adopting him. It was lovely to meet you all and glad you got a cuddle with Journey!

Re bonding..don't worry too soon..it can take 7-9 days as normal..so a couple with a small scuffle is to be expected..give them lots to do..so toys and nice things to eat so they accept each other being there while nice things are happening..I'm sure it will work as it seemed meant-to-be! :D

I'm not too concerned; they are probably a bit bored of reduced space. I'll be enlarging it again later today. :) I've seen plenty of positive signs which is great as well. Persephone just seems to hate any attempts of dominance from Morph. She still refuses to recipricate grooms, but willingly groomed my big toe this morning. :roll: weirdo.

Thank you ever so much for all your help. And for the cuddles with wee Journey. I'm sure she'll get a fabulous home. The new family additions mean everything to me and my family. :) I'm sure E will love seeing Persephone and Morph interacting - and as he grows in confidence, she'll be able to interact with him more too. Morph and the piggies are just wonderful. (She says as Morph YET AGAIN goes into full on DBF - what IS IT with lionheads and doing that especially? Athena is the same! Always the show-off with DBFs!)

I know, bad photos are bad, and double post - but here's our bonding progress! (Buns will be moved to a bigger space later today)

P1070001_zpsjqvlencz.jpg

P1070014_zpsjv9yafld.jpg

Lookit my pair of flopped peanuts. They're still lying like that now. :love: <3

Back