• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mixed Feelings Over New Kitten

Ashleigh

Alpha Buck
Often when we're sad we like looking at bunnies and kittens just to make us smile, it works really well although often when we do this we end up taking one home [emoji23]

As many of you know we sadly lost our beautiful fluffy boy Roxy just less than two weeks before the wedding and were left utterly heartbroken. A lot of you know as well that an awful lot of other stuff happened in the month running up to the wedding (mostly people letting us down and things going wrong).

Anyway we started looking at cats and kittens and fell completely in love with one in particular. He was the most affectionate kitten I had ever met and will be 8 weeks tomorrow and tomorrow he will join our family.

I absolutely adore him and love him already but at the same time, another part of me feels so guilty for getting a kitten less than a month after we lost Roxy. I still miss Rox so much :'(

I feel awful but happy at the same time. I've lost one fluffy baby but gained another. I'm just really battling with myself at the moment :(

Meet Harley <3

33e3ecf2d40596d39acba04fbf445359.jpg

18f4f2056101c9a2bed9e0212fe9ee8d.jpg

877d98dae0c3a4d7fd8a47f24027b964.jpg

4e2fd3aeb4f3456370af262b72df6032.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30F using Tapatalk

:wave: hello Harley, cutie pants

Mixed emotions are to be expected. Enjoy your new fluff ball x

Wow. So cute!

You need to remember, that Roxy will be happy you're happy xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Aw :love: I haven't been in your situation, but I'm sure its normal to feel a bit conflicted. Good luck with Harley, he's lovely x

Harley is gorgeous and I can't wait to bring him home tomorrow I just miss Roxy so much :(
I went to visit Roxy's burial earlier and broke down :'(

I've just been sent a new photo of him [emoji7]

e4ea63784e963bba194f30bd93ba0d98.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30F using Tapatalk

Harley you are gorgeous, welcome to RU :wave:
I think your mixed emotions are perfectly normal, you feel excited over the new kitty, but a bit guilty too I'm guessing. As said in an earlier post, your little bridge bun would be happy that another lucky animal is going to share your life. Enjoy him xxxxxx

Roxy wasn't a a bunny, he was another kitty. I really miss him :(
But yes Harley is something special, he's beautiful :)
Xxx

I know how you feel. I got Ruby to be a wifey to Dylan. I had to get them both spayed and a week after I got Ruby they both went to the vets. Only Ruby came back. So there I was with a bunny I had fallen in love with feeling soooo guilty that getting her had meant Dylan's death. It took a while to love Ruby without feeling bad about Dylan.

You'll get there...allow yourself some time.

Back