• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit lovers will understand...U/D Pics!!

So at work 2 days ago I heard about a bunny that needs rehoming. He was my workmates and since she has moved in with her boyfriend she doesn't have the room for him :roll:

She passed him over to her mum who has rabbit proofed her garden, but her husband isn't happy because the bunny has been digging and trampling over his flower beds so he's wants the bunny gone. In her words ' we don't want him here, we don't love him, but what are we going to do with him' :(

Since I heard about him, I can't stop thinking about him :love:

I have 2 bunnies who live outside, a bonded male and female, they are both around 6 years old and neutered. This bunny is male, 6 years old and not neutered :roll::censored: and I assume not vaccinated.

I know all the potential problems, as well as positives...

I'm really thinking of taking him on, I hate the thought of nobody loving him :cry:

I just needed to talk about it here while I process all the pros and cons, and the bunny without someone to love him. As I know you will understand :)

Last edited:
Awe.............the poor little soul. Is it possible for you him keep the little guy somewhere separate from your 2 until you can get him vaccinated and neutered and then see if he would bond with yours. This makes me so sad to hear about any unwanted bunny. You are very kind to consider taking him on.

The worst thing in life is regrets, As Nike always says "Just do it". Sounds to me like you really want to and just need a gentle boot to take him on. (post a pic of him)

Rod

Sig.jpg

Last edited:
If you are seriously considering taking him, I would ask his owners if they would get him neutered (even if it is at your vet and you go with them) so that he can join yours - point out that he can't just be put straight in with yours as he is, and it is a lot of expense to vaccinate and neuter that you were not expecting. You could organise vaccination a couple of weeks later, and his hormone levels should start to reduce a bit by then. Or they may decide they like him enough to keep him.

Go for it :)
I regretted not taking Fred home.
If it doesn't work and he doesn't fit in, you can then look into rehoming him to another bunny lover.
It's worth asking if they'd help pay towards the neutering.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Crikey...I wonder what sort of life your friend will have if her partner doesn't want her pets! I'd take poor unloved bunny on in a heartbeat! As said before, if it doesn't work out for you, you can find some other kind, bunny lover to love him! xxxx

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

If you don't you will always wonder. And think of that poor unloved bunny. I would in a second.

If you can afford and have the space and time to offer to this bunny....than I would adopt him asap. Sometimes our emotions can override our logic where little furry friends are concerned. I think it sounds like he would have a lovely home with you.

Aww, bless his little cottons. I am actually in a similar position, having a bonded m/f pair and following my heart to adopt another who is arriving on Saturday! She is 4 years old, unneutered, unvaccinated and a bit unfriendly :lol:

We have spent the last 3 days building a huge enclosure which we have given up most of our lawn for, will be picking up a pretty large vet bill and aren't sure if we'll be able to bond her due to her abusive past which has given her a few trust issues.

Any second thoughts? Nope, not for a second. We know she'll have a good life with us. If we hadn't offered to take her I'd probably never forget it.

Go for it if you can! :)

Thanks everyone. I contacted her today to say I definitely wanted him, she was really happy and we're going to chat in the week to sort out the details :D

So looking forward to him coming to his forever home :)

Thanks everyone. I contacted her today to say I definitely wanted him, she was really happy and we're going to chat in the week to sort out the details :D

So looking forward to him coming to his forever home :)

Oh that's so lovely, I'm really happy for you, and him :)

In the last few months I've gone from three rabbits to six, by following my heart :oops: x

Back