• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New vaccination for VHD 2

clarebear

Mama Doe
Has anyone had their bunnies vaccinated yet with the new one?
Our vets don't have it yet. Is that unusual?

Where are you in Bedfordshire? Willow Vets in Newport Pagnell have it in stock as mine have been there this afternoon to have theirs. £35 per bunny.

I believe Towcester Vets also have it but that's slightly further towards Northampton.

Mine were done at the beginning of July (I'm in Chelmsford ). I paid £25 for each rabbit. I did keep on and on at my vets but once they had ordered it they received it really quickly. :wave:

Just rang my vets. So angry with them. They are still saying it's not available in this country. I told them it was and that I would be going elsewhere to get it. Just rang Willow Vets, but they are now closed for the day. I will be definitely be ringing them again on Monday! Grrrrrrrrr!

I have just had my two done at Stanhope vets in Darlington £32.04p for the two for them.
They also have branches at Middleton ST George and Yarm. I could not find a vet in Sunderland / Durham that had the vaccine in stock. The ones that had it would not treat rabbits that were not all ready on their books.

We saw a lovely vet at Willow Vets called Richard. He was brilliant, one of the best vets I've seen. Bungee is now vaccinated. He said the only side effects he had come across was a lump where the needle went in and if it is still there in 52days to go back. Very tempted to change vets now, but they are about half an hour away.

Last edited:
Had my 3 buns done on Saturday with another vet as mine didn't have it in then had a phone call on Monday from my vet to say they had it in now and it was £10.00 cheaper each bun than what I had already paid with the other vet😠. But at least they are all protected now. Ashford Kent area

Back