• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone flown with their rabbits in the cargo

Thank you, I'm guessing the answer is no though

Oh my gosh this is such a nightmare, I just want to cry :lol:

I never had but I'd probably discuss it with my vets.
Personally I'd never want to do it. Temperature and air pressure isn't kept constant in cargo and you've no idea what stress bunnies would go under with unstable baggage etc.
I'd be happier getting them to fly in cabin with me under the seat where I can keep an eye on them.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I never had but I'd probably discuss it with my vets.
Personally I'd never want to do it. Temperature and air pressure isn't kept constant in cargo and you've no idea what stress bunnies would go under with unstable baggage etc.
I'd be happier getting them to fly in cabin with me under the seat where I can keep an eye on them.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've already discussed it with a vet, I'm just wanting to speak to people who have done it specifically with a rabbit

That's strange as the pet couriers who are transporting my cat have assured me numerous times that the cargo area where pets are kept is climate controlled and they are secure and safe

As ideal as that sounds, I've contacted every single airline that operates routes to the country I am trying to get to and none of them will allow a rabbit in the cabin, hence why I'm asking the questions above :)

Thanks, and thank you for the link. I will take a look :D

I've not had much luck with American forums either. At the moment cargo is still worst case scenario as I'm still following up with a couple of airlines about taking her in the cabin, but as they have all said no so far I'm not getting my hopes up. The airlines which allow in cabin travel for rabbits on domestic flights in the US won't take her internationally in the cabin, those were the first airlines I contacted

I know hun I've already spoken to her :D she flew within the US so was allowed to take them in the cabin though. But thank you x

Back