• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sat at vets waiting for Mimzy-U/D Aug 2 PM, not eating much

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Brought him in at 8 this morning. Dog tired and dead on my feet but waiting to see if he will wake quickly and I can take him home instead of driving back and forth again.

Possible dental and asked them to clean ears, trim nails and shave his bum. He's been so messy of late and I want to be sure I can clean him easily on our trip down. He was really disoriented on the way in though so I hope he gets through this okay.

May I please ask for soonish waking up vibes? For both of us actually...I'm falling asleep sitting in the car! :(

Ta very much! :)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone :)
Sorry for not coming back to the thread right away. I wound up having to go home and try to take a nap and then return for Mimzy. He did wind up needing a dental, he had small spurs on his molars and one cheek tooth had a spur out the side that was pushing through his gums. So this explains why he was not eating like he should have been. Poor little bub, he really doesn't handle even the smallest of spurs well. :(

As of 8:30 this evening he is still sleeping, he had quite the bag of drugs so I expect he's going to be quite tired for the night and part of tomorrow as well. I wish I could've gotten a sniff of that stuff, I need better sleep these days! :lol:

It did look on xray like his upper molars are starting to elongate a bit, but the vet wasn't terribly concerned. It might explain why his eyes are so goopy though, along with his dry eye condition. He did that thing where he draws the lines on the films and it really doesn't appear that they are very long roots. I didn't ask him if he thought the teeth should be pulled because really, by the time that happens I am guessing Mimzy may not even be with us any longer, so I will deal with that another time.

He does seem to be more comfortable this evening. I think part of it is that the teeth are burred, part is the medication they give him to put him under. Plus he had a good shot of metacam during his procedure today, so he'll be well in hand with pain relief for the next day or so. But after that, I am considering going ahead with some gabapentin therapy for him as recommended by the vet. If he is this much happier after having all the anesthesia he gets for a dental, then pain cover is definitely something we want to extend to him any way we can. I have had a look around at how the TSA screens medication and it would seem it is allowed under certain conditions and we can meet those. (I was worried they wouldn't let me take the liquid painkillers on the flight and that could be problematic.) So there is no reason to wait till we get to Oregon to make Mimzy feel better. Besides, just in case the gabapentin doesn't help, we can try something else before we leave.

He's a tough little nut is my Mimzy. :love: I can't believe he came through this and seems in better shape than when he went in. I was truly concerned that he might not live through this surgery, but he did. He continues to amaze and surprise me.

Lots of waking up vibes for the two of you.

Hey bunnytoes! :D :wave: So good to see you, long time no post! I hope all is well with you and yours. Please let us know how you are doing! :D

Thanks again everyone! RU vibes really help me and my bunnies get through a lot of stuff. We'd be lost without you! :D xxxx

I hope that by now you are both back home M. Sending you all lots of vibes and hugs :love:

Hi Jane :wave: thank you so much! Sorry I missed your post. Yes, as you can see, Mimzy did very well. I am 'chuffed' as you all say. :love:
I might be breath holding just a bit till tomorrow, to be sure he begins eating well again, but he was trying to drink from his water bottle all the way home, so I'm optimistic.

Meant to mention he also got his nails trimmed, his ears cleaned (I know that will feel better to him!) and his behind shaved. So he's all set to go! :thumb:

Back