• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Ellie

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
After weeks of searching for a single sow to adopt for Arnie, a lady who was recommended to me by the RSPCA had a single sow available for rehoming. But she is only a baby and with Arnie being around 2-3 years old I didn't really want to take on a baby, but I thought it's not fair to keep Arnie on his own while I keep looking for a single, older sow so I went to visit and came home with Ellie. :love: I let her settle in for a few days before meeting Arnie and have had her around 2 weeks now, I feel a bit upset I haven't had much chance to get to know her as I lost two of my rats and had been focused on them and keeping the other illness free but she is a little character. The lady said she had lots of personality and was bossing all the other pigs around through the bars, she is a tad feisty and bites if something doesn't suit but I love her :lol: She was called Alice which I liked as but we felt it was too dainty a name for her so Ellie has stuck after I accidentally called her it once for some reason! Bonding went very smoothly, as soon as they were put together they were munching hay together and pop corning, something I have never actually seen Arnie do properly! Arnie has also become much less skittish and comfortable in the cage so I am very happy for them both.

Last edited:
After weeks of searching for a single sow to adopt for Arnie, a lady who was recommended to me by the RSPCA had a single sow available for rehoming. But she is only a baby and with Arnie being around 2-3 years old I didn't really want to take on a baby, but I thought it's not fair to keep Arnie on his own while I keep looking for a single, older sow so I went to visit and came home with Ellie. :love: I let her settle in for a few days before meeting Arnie and have had her around 2 weeks now, I feel a bit upset I haven't had much chance to get to know her as I lost two of my rats and had been focused on them and keeping the other illness free but she is a little character. The lady said she had lots of personality and was bossing all the other pigs around through the bars, she is a tad feisty and bites if something doesn't suit but I love her :lol: She was called Alice which I liked as but we felt it was too dainty a name for her so Ellie has stuck after I accidentally called her it once for some reason! Bonding went very smoothly, as soon as they were put together they were munching hay together and pop corning, something I have never actually seen Arnie do properly! Arnie has also become much less skittish and comfortable in the cage so I am very happy for them both.

Welcome Ellie :wave:

She poses well for the camera, doesn't she? :love:

They are both adorable! I love seeing piggies enjoying each other's company and popcorning. I could watch them for hours (and do) :)

Welcome Ellie :wave:

Back