• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lino!!

jennychloe

New Kit
Hiya guys, New to the forum but here goes!!

I have just built a shed for my three buns but before they go in id like to line it to prevent the wee soaking into the wood ect

why can i get cheap lino as im on a tight budget?
what do you attach it with?
and any other ideas on what to line it with?

thank you peeps!:wave::wave:

Hello fellow newbie! :wave:

I can't give you any advice on where to get cheap lino as I just used some we had leftover from the kitchen - sorry!

You shouldn't need to attach it with anything, especially if you're using a large piece - it's quite heavy for what it is!

Another option could be self-adhesive lino tiles - I don't have any personal experience with them and not sure if they would work out cheaper or not but a lot of people recommend them, so they might be worth looking into.

Hope I helped in some way! :D

You can always find off cuts of Lino at your local carpet right or other carpet shops. We managed to pick up a decent 2m by 1.8 metre squared for £16 plus it's a wood patten! As my other half is a little OCD! :lol:

But they can normally have loads of off cuts in different sizes and sell them cheap. In regards to sticking it, we got some double sided tape, some is specially for vinyl floors which you can get in b&q for a couple of pounds and that did the trick, 2 years later it's still stuck and amazing for the bunnies! :)

Last edited:
I found some at carpet right, cut off on sale, its bright blue but couldn't complain about the price. To put it down I used a grab adhesive/sealant, working at a diy store I got discount but you can pick up grab adhesive and a gun for under a fiver. You don't need sealant to it, I just wanted to try out this new brand we sell. As long as your putting it along the edges so nothing can get behind it, making sure no one can chew any part as I doubt that would be good for them.

I also got my Lino from a local carpet shop, the lino I bought for the shed was faulty - had a bit of shading through it that shouldn't be there - so it was much cheaper then the rest of the roll ends & im sure the bunnies don't mind! I didn't actually fix mine down with anything I just added wooden battens around the edge of the shed which has held the lino in place (I fitted it just slightly big all round so it goes maybe an inch up the walls), stops the rabbits being able to nibble the edges and it should make it easier if I need to replace the lino.

I would be wary going for cheap lino. In all my boarding accommodation I have gone for safety flooring (Karndean) which I got as offcuts but it's not cheap. Never had any issues with it, very hardwearing and easy to clean

The latest hutch I was putting together in a hurry, I had to go to my local carpet shop and just buy some, it was the more spongy cheaper sort and within 24 hours of it being fitted it had been nibbled on and ripped as it's rubbish. Total false economy as I'm now going to have to replace it (which is easier said that done as it's in constant use until mid September :? )

Back