• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Welcoming Luna aka Snowy U/D she's here! :)

EyerollChamp

Alpha Buck
Luna is the name we have decided to give to our new addition (previously called Snowy), who thanks to the kindness of RU members will be coming to live with us next Saturday. :)

Luna has had a bit of a raw deal in life so far and we are expecting a fair amount of fear aggression, hormonal aggression and extreme stress reactions from her.

I am formulating a care plan for her based on what I have studied on animal psychology, my own experiences with rabbits over the years and also the many useful websites and blogs I have found. We aim to give her the therapy she needs to recover from the past and the veterinary treatment she needs to move forward.

We know it's probably going to be really hard but from hearing her story and seeing photos we have already taken her into our hearts :love:

I'm going to document our journey together on here, both for my own records, to seek advice when I'm struggling or uncertain and so that those who care for her can see how she is getting on.

I really hope we can help her! Xx

Last edited:
We've got a fair few things to set in place this week, such as registering her with my vet, putting her on my insurance, buying/making equipment and building her a large enough enclosure to live in until the day she can (hopefully) be bonded and become free range.

Since the building materials won't get here until Tuesday, I have started buying and making things for her, starting with this fleece snuggle tunnel! :)
IMG_20160730_140514_zpsxq2lh9dn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Please tell me if you can't see this, photobucket does my nut in...

She is a very lucky bunny indeed :love: She'll bring her current toys with her, one of which is a play tunnel aimed at cats which I've been told she loves so I'm sure she'll love that extra tunnel :D

She is a very lucky bunny indeed :love: She'll bring her current toys with her, one of which is a play tunnel aimed at cats which I've been told she loves so I'm sure she'll love that extra tunnel :D

Aww bless her! We're so excited to meet her :love:

Aw man, I might drag the cat tunnel out of the garage in that case! We've got a plastic green tunnel for her and some balls:

CooCDzYXEAEOJQZ.jpg:large

Enclosure's a PITA for me to get in and out of, but the OH just steps over the top!

For those who don't know, she's staying with us Sunday-Saturday :)

ETA: We'll call her Luna while she's here, try and get her used to it. I've warned the OH about hormonal women (as he's not very experienced :twisted:) but we'll see how it goes :D

Last edited:
Aw man, I might drag the cat tunnel out of the garage in that case! We've got a plastic green tunnel for her and some balls:

CooCDzYXEAEOJQZ.jpg:large

Enclosure's a PITA for me to get in and out of, but the OH just steps over the top!

For those who don't know, she's staying with us Sunday-Saturday :)

ETA: We'll call her Luna while she's here, try and get her used to it. I've warned the OH about hormonal women (as he's not very experienced :twisted:) but we'll see how it goes :D

Aw that looks great!! Thank you, we were worried that her old name might have some negative associations for her.

Hopefully she won't give you too much trouble! Thanks again for all you're doing xx

Aw, that looks absolutely brilliant for her :D She'll enjoy her time there and then can have even more room in her permanent set up when it is ready with EyerollChamp, I'm made up for her :love:

ETA: I like her new name too :D

She really has landed on her paws being with you. I hope she settles in well and is a model lodger while she's with Keletkezes, who is also an angel for helping out with the bunny run!

This is brilliant news for her:thumb: once again RU comes together :love:

Good luck with her and I look forwards to following her story :)

Aw, that looks absolutely brilliant for her :D She'll enjoy her time there and then can have even more room in her permanent set up when it is ready with EyerollChamp, I'm made up for her :love:

ETA: I like her new name too :D

Thanks Liz, we promise to do our best by her :)

This is brilliant news for her:thumb: once again RU comes together :love:

Good luck with her and I look forwards to following her story :)

Thanks Zoobec, I look forward to boring you all to tears with an endless stream of photos and Luna anecdotes x

My friend is really grateful she has the opportunity to have a lovely home with everything she needs. She's just got to mine now and is happily running around, she doesn't run away when approached but will freeze and thump her foot from fear. She hasn't gone to bite us but is head shy, if you approach her from the front she will grunt and lash out with her front paws but she isn't too aggressive. I hope you don't mind me putting these pictures on of her :D

My friend is really grateful she has the opportunity to have a lovely home with everything she needs. She's just got to mine now and is happily running around, she doesn't run away when approached but will freeze and thump her foot from fear. She hasn't gone to bite us but is head shy, if you approach her from the front she will grunt and lash out with her front paws but she isn't too aggressive. I hope you don't mind me putting these pictures on of her :D

Awwww she's gorgeous!! We love her already! :love:

Your friend can check this thread or email me for updates any time x

Back