• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it.....

HouseOfRabbit

Warren Scout
that my bunnies always seem to think that Friday night at 2am is a great time to go to the vets?

Went out last night at 11.30pm to put them all to bed and Sylvester turned his nose up at his pellets; queue me groaning "no, not now!". Brought him inside to keep any eye on him, try to feed him herbs & grass and had the usual not eating and not really wanting to move unless I insisted so off to the vets we went. Typically we get out of the consulting room and he starts munching on the dandelions and grass in his carry cage.

So I've currently got a little bunny being monitored on the landing, a rather bleary eyed and aching me (slept on bedroom floor) trying to recover, a £120 vet bill and my plans for today up in smoke :roll:

So, anyone else's bunnies do this as well?

Oh no, thankfully I've not had this (yet) but I know it's the same with children sometimes. You take them to the doctors and they are suddenly full of beans :lol: x

i've just read this to o/h because it's so typical. had to laugh although probably not so funny for you!

my lot loved a sunday night to be ill for a long time!

i've just read this to o/h because it's so typical. had to laugh although probably not so funny for you!

my lot loved a sunday night to be ill for a long time!

At least I get a couple of days to recover then. Tbh, I've gotten used to it and just groan/laugh when it happens, also they're moulting so kinda expecting it. Used to sleep on the hall floor when they've done this previously but I decided enough was enough and I wanted sleep at least somewhere close to my own bed. Only drawback to the monitoring on the landing plan is the fun of moving everything/bun downstairs and back outside again.

Was planning on going to a Pokemon TCG prerelease event today; now I'm debating whether to go to one tomorrow instead as I'll have to get up early again and drive there.

Back