• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is anyone selling forage

JessBun

Mama Doe
Sorry if wrong section :oops:

Just wondering if anyone is selling any bunny forage or treats/boredom breakers please? Someone did offer some free about a month ago but they've been very busy (and very understandably too!) and in honesty, with everything that's going on lately I really want to give the buns some treats as it always cheers me up to see them enriched/happy. I did buy them a wee pop up tent and new ball on my birthday but they've got fed up with them now :roll: (Piwi has taken to peeing all over the tent - she's spayed honest!). :evil:

Anyway, happy to pay - but my budget would be approx £6 with postage just now. I'm finding online shop prices a bit extortinate for postage so wondered if anyone had anything second hand or self foraged. Thank you :wave:

I could forage for your buns if you like. I feel mean saying this as I've never asked / wanted / needed P&P before but I'm having to watch every penny at mo so would ask you to cover post. I do live in wild bunny central though (they look very healthy & are breeeding like, erm rabbits :lol:) which some perceive as a RHVD2 risk. Entirely your decision :)

Are you able to get out and forage yourself? Parsnipbun (Twigs Way) sells a book via the RWAF on foraging for rabbits, or may have copies if you pm her. A really well priced, useful little book. I'm just about to set off to the forage day she's organised tomorrow to learn more.

I do apologise if this is insensitive, but have you looked locally for forage,?
Do you use toilet roll tubes filled with hay?
Our bunnies really like their 2" diameter ball with an annoying rattle inside, it is forever being thrown around

I do apologise if this is insensitive, but have you looked locally for forage,?
Do you use toilet roll tubes filled with hay?
Our bunnies really like their 2" diameter ball with an annoying rattle inside, it is forever being thrown around

Hi yes I do use toilet tubes filled with hay and some pellets or bits of veg :D I do forage locally, mainly dandelions, herb robert, hawthawn and bramble leaves. I'm not confident at all with plant identification - so even to be able to just forage this has took some learning :lol: I'm not at a point where I'm confident enough with identifying other things to ,collect it & risk popping it in with them. Even things like plaintain I struggle with :oops: Mine have 4 rattle balls of different sizes, a couple of other balls, hanging toy (which again is very rarely bothered with now) and a pop up tent. Their run is kept on grass so they also enjoy digging. I also use paper bags with treats inside for them.

The problem is they seem to get bored of their toys so very quickly even when I rotate them. So it was mainly looking for new things I've not tried with them yet that someone has spare and would be happy to sell. A small seagrass mat, treat ball or even a wee basket (though I think the postage would be too much on that!). Or even different forage. I always buy them herbs - they particularly like parsley. When I said forage, it was a wee shop style prepackaged dried forage I was offered, and I'd love to get them one of that. I've scoured the internet and postage prices have been about £3-5 for this ONTOP of the product, and having experience with posting I know it doesn't cost anywhere near this much. :lol::lol: But equally anything that is self collected would be just as enjoyed by them.

I have had a very kind offer of willow & blackburrant which is fab, we're clueless identifying willow so they've never had this, and I don't think we have blackcurrant around either so they've not had this - happy buns :D

I could forage for your buns if you like. I feel mean saying this as I've never asked / wanted / needed P&P before but I'm having to watch every penny at mo so would ask you to cover post. I do live in wild bunny central though (they look very healthy & are breeeding like, erm rabbits :lol:) which some perceive as a RHVD2 risk. Entirely your decision :)

Please don't feel bad for asking postage! I hope it's not coming across I'm after freebies - absolutely not. I'm more than happy to pay, I wouldn't want anybody to be out of pocket for helping me! I know exactly what it's like when you need to watch every penny - usually I'd just shop online but if I can save a bit by being charged actual postage prices rather than much higher it will really help :love:

Back