• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting the boys ready for their 'holiday'! - All dropped off!

supersonic

Mama Doe
I'm going away next week so the boys are all off to my Grandparents for two and a half weeks. Sonic has been before and loved it, but the new guineas haven't so I'm hoping they'll be ok. They came round this morning and the rabbit was so happy to see them, he must remember all the treats they gave him last year! The piggies also both had a really long cuddle so that's good too.
I've been writing up their favourite veggies and pellet rations... although I suspect at one point my grandma might give into the "I'm starving, please feed me more" eyes that rabbits and piggies are oh so good at doing!
They're looking after my cousins dwarf hamsters at the moment, one of then who is apparently the devil in a small fluffy coat, so they'll be thankful for some friendly boys to look after!

Their garden is small, but so sheltered and secure and they will look after the pets so well! It's so nice being able to leave them somewhere you know, even though I do just want to take them with me :lol:

This was a non-thread really, I don't know why I wrote it but I did!

Last edited:
It sounds lovely. I hope they enjoy their holiday, and so do you. Where are you going?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sounds exciting. I hope you have a wonderful time :)
We expect lots of stories of adventure and relaxation.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I'm hoping there won't be much relaxation, bears, eagles and whales await me, I've got stuff to photograph! (I would usually say I've got stuff to 'shoot', but that usually goes down badly when I'm photographing animals :lol: )

I'm sure my granddad and the rabbit can bond further over tales of gut problems after Sonics stasis and my granddads perforated stomach! I'm just hoping the guineas behave! No doubt they'll be fine when they figure out who's feeding them... the way to any animals heart :roll:

Got them dropped off yesterday, as I was pulled in to work today last minute. As soon as we got there, Sonic knew where he was. Sprawled out in the sunshine, whilst my grandma brought him some veg :lol: Went round to see him this evening and he's been free-ranging all afternoon! Their garden is way more secure than ours, so it's nice to know he can free range without worrying about him wondering off. Although he did worry grandma when he squeezed under the shed... I did warn her he would do that!
The guinea pigs were initially terrified, bless em, but as soon as we got them there we put them in the run and they realised that there was grass so all was well :roll:

I knew it would be fine, but it's just such a relief when they're all happy!

Back