• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tasty Balls

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
I know how your lot's minds work :twisted: These balls:

8858.jpg

Both mine LOOOOOOOOVE the one on the bottom right, the 'strappy' one I call it. They're also OK with the top left one, the 'sticky' one. But they're not much keen on the middle one, the 'cordy' one. Any idea what they're made of, and if I can bulk-buy them individually (i.e. just one type) from somewhere?

Hey...I can't resist a thread with balls in the title! :lol:

The one on the left is likely (peeled) willow. The "strappy" one (I almost spelled stroppy instead :shock: ) is some type of wide grass...I can't recall the exact type, sorry. The middle one is probably sisal rope. Something bunnies can eat but most times won't. :lol:
Of course they'll go for your cellphone charger cord in a heartbeat! :roll:

I don't think there is anywhere in the US to buy these in bulk, or I'd offer to send some to you. Usually anytime I try to get fun chewy things for the bunnies they're either sold out or only offered in limited quantities. :(

Doesn't Galen's Garden sell some of the natural treats with that tag on them? It looks familiar. :?

The strappy one looks like banana leaf maybe?

I know of bulk places in the US to get such balls (If anyone wants to know I can post the links) but not in the UK.

ETA: you could goggle for 'bird toy parts' websites which might be easier to find balls like this rather than rabbit etc websites because they bulk sell them for making parrot toys.

Last edited:
Im not sure where you can get them in bulk but viovet sells them separately i believe. My buns love the 'strappy' one too! And the chew mats that you can buy is made from same material and they demolished that in about a weeks time!

Hiya,

I order extra of the balls on the bottom right of your picture (as my rabbits love them too!), from a seller on eBay. The seller is called 'jobberjas' but if you copy this:
'Hamster & Rabbit Toy Natural Play Balls x 4 Per order' on eBay (in the search bar), the listing should hopefully come up x

Hope this helps :D xx

The first left is Rattan,the middle is Seagrass and the last one on is water Hyacinth. Dexter loves these balls too,all 3 of them are completely destroyed.

The girls like the bottom right. They pretty much ignore the other two so I end up giving them to the gerbil and hamsters.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look for for water hyacinth balls etc. and report back! I suspected it might be water hyactinth but I wasn't sure :D

Back