• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doesn't like being touched...

rowan.godfrey

Alpha Buck
Nicholas doesn't much like being touched, but when I try (if he hops up next to me on the sofa for example) he then jumps away & binky's like a good'un, suggesting he is happy? Interested in any thoughts on this behaviour, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He sounds a happy rabbit who enjoys you on his terms (as most do). The fact that he continues to jump up beside you, even though he knows you will touch him, shows that.

He sounds exactly like my bridge bun Peanut Butter. He hated being touched with hands but he did like being kissed :love: and would also jump onto the sofa and bed with me. He was a rescue bun and I did wonder if he had bad experiences early in his life and hands had negative connotations for him.

Hi All, thanks for the replies! I believe he is about 6-7 months old. We had a bit of a breakthrough tonight, he let me nose rub & stroke him on the floor for a few minutes. His breathing was nice & calm which I take to mean he enjoyed it - I moved my hand away and went back for more nose rubs which he was ok with.

He didn't have the best start to life (Young dad, seperated from Mom, ignored by kids, the usual) so he is twitchy. I suppose he is also going through puberty which doesn't help!

Babsie, thank you for your response, it means a lot :)

Scrappy, that's exactly it, but as above we may be getting better. I think he lacks confidence particularly in new spaces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Rowan, my Alfie is seven months and I find when he is in his home he will bow his head indicating it's ok to groom / stroke him (and he really enjoys it) but if he is out running amuk he's to busy for social things. Occasionally when he slows down a bit he will sit still long enough for some contact.

Rod

Back