• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cuddly bunny

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
He looks a little odd but considering it only took me 4 hours I'm pretty proud.

81d5cce29a2b984ed607598930917b70.jpg

I've not done cross stitch for many years so I'm glad I can still do it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Oh it's really lovely! :love: I did my first cross stitch recently, a bumblee bee :love: I pretty much finished it but left a few stitches out cos I'm terrible at finishing anything :lol:

Now I need to find myself a cross stitch bunny pattern :love:

Oh it's really lovely! :love: I did my first cross stitch recently, a bumblee bee :love: I pretty much finished it but left a few stitches out cos I'm terrible at finishing anything [emoji38]

Now I need to find myself a cross stitch bunny pattern :love:
If I hadn't drawn on all my patterns I'd have sent you a picture of them.

I've got a huge one to do for the OHs mums birthday. Got until mid October and doubt I'll have it finished. The amount of work it needs is overwhelming.

If I hadn't drawn on all my patterns I'd have sent you a picture of them.

I've got a huge one to do for the OHs mums birthday. Got until mid October and doubt I'll have it finished. The amount of work it needs is overwhelming.

I wonder if I'd be able to do it from the picture itself? Prob not as a total beginner :lol: The one I had was a kit from hobbycraft with everything with it for £1 :oops: But I mostly used the picture to refer to, as it was easier for me to see how it was done. Where would be the best place to get the fabric from (I forget the name :oops:) cheaply? Also do you need special types of thread? Since it all came in one packet I don't know too much about it.

What is the one for OH's mum's birthday? They really are so much work, I think unless you do it you don't understand the amount of work needed. My Aunt used to do them and hang them up - I certainly never understood then just how much work it takes. I love your wee bun, so cute. :D

You can get the fabric and thread all from hobby craft. But the packs are normally easier as they come.with the pattern print to follow.

The one for the birthday is this one:

f759d8c855a7f5b2ce52b057af7542bf.jpg

I need to talk my.sister into showing me how to do French knots. This has half stitch and cross stitch in it too

It takes a lot of thread

2148dad7e1f5cd900442fd87f589a561.jpg

That is absolutely stunning :shock: Very talented! it'll be so loved, such a lovely gift the time you are putting in to it! :love:

The only hobbycraft I know of takes us a couple of hours on public transport. We're a bit skint for the next few weeks so may need to order some on ebay instead, as the delivery will be far cheaper than bus fair for both of us that far :lol: Will look up on their website what the thread is called to maybe find it on ebay. I could do with a cheering up and this will keep my mind occupied. :D

I've no idea what a fench knot is, only the half stitch and cross stitch. Making a mistake on one of these is lethal isn't it :lol: Yes I was surprised how much thread is needed to, yours will be whopping :lol:

Well you've kick started me to start the big one and I'm terrified. I had to throw out one that was worth £50 last time as I got most of the stitches wrong.

a954fa0ecc265cd21ca6763c865187e6.jpg

Hopefully I'll get this right.

A french knot is basically a very fancy looking knot that sits on top of the picture to give it more depth. I've also got to do couching which I've never done before. This is going to be very interesting. At least it was only a £25 one this time.

There are a lot of cross stitch websites that my sister uses. Have a little hunt.

My grandma does cross stitching, i tried it once and found it so difficult! But she is amazing at it, given me huge portraits of birds, a girl cuddling her horse the size of an A4 paper. Guess you need time and patience, they look amazing once they're finished though.

My grandma does cross stitching, i tried it once and found it so difficult! But she is amazing at it, given me huge portraits of birds, a girl cuddling her horse the size of an A4 paper. Guess you need time and patience, they look amazing once they're finished though.

Patience definitely. Had to undo all the work I done 3 times before getting it right. On the larger ones (this one is about 2 A4 pieces of paper) its difficult to distinguish the different squares.

Back