• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crash Bunny had his RVHD2 Vacc today...

Shayne_

Warren Scout
So... Crash Bunny had his RVHD2 Vacc today... We went to Ashleigh Vets in Manchester who have been doing the clinics and saw a vet (Since we were new clients).

Crash Bunny did so well, it was around an hour or so to get there and in total 4 hours we've been out with him in the car etc, hes straight away out his box, running around hyper and now eating grass in the garden happily.

The staff were nice and friendly, i saw someone else had a bunny in for the vaccination but were with the nurses, their bunny went alone into the back whereas we saw the actual vet. He was very nice, straight away emphasized on hay based diet, not many pellets at all, how it affects them and alsorts, he asked sooo many questions I kinda stumbled and forgot the word for pellet.. lol... I was nervous, new places and crash getting strange new injections was scary lol

But he did a thorough check, eyes ears chest tummy, downstairs, nails, teeth and he checked the back teeth very well (not just a pathetic attempt like Ive seen some vets do, if at all they check).

If i lived closer i would use them as my local for sure, i don't have a confident vet around here that Ive found.

Anyway, i just wanted to let you all know how it went and my thoughts on Ashleigh vets for anyone else who uses or will be going there!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

So... Crash Bunny had his RVHD2 Vacc today... We went to Ashleigh Vets in Manchester who have been doing the clinics and saw a vet (Since we were new clients).

Crash Bunny did so well, it was around an hour or so to get there and in total 4 hours we've been out with him in the car etc, hes straight away out his box, running around hyper and now eating grass in the garden happily.

The staff were nice and friendly, i saw someone else had a bunny in for the vaccination but were with the nurses, their bunny went alone into the back whereas we saw the actual vet. He was very nice, straight away emphasized on hay based diet, not many pellets at all, how it affects them and alsorts, he asked sooo many questions I kinda stumbled and forgot the word for pellet.. lol... I was nervous, new places and crash getting strange new injections was scary lol

But he did a thorough check, eyes ears chest tummy, downstairs, nails, teeth and he checked the back teeth very well (not just a pathetic attempt like Ive seen some vets do, if at all they check).

If i lived closer i would use them as my local for sure, i don't have a confident vet around here that Ive found.

Anyway, i just wanted to let you all know how it went and my thoughts on Ashleigh vets for anyone else who uses or will be going there!

Thank you Shayne :wave:

If you've time, post any side effects, or otherwise, on the running RHD2 thread please :

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?456446-RHD2-Vaccine-good-news!

sounds like was Aidean he is the best :D the one who saw nurse and went and went alone into back would of been a client already known to the practice and seen vet with the last few months, so they get nurse check and injection, mabel had this

Back