• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boos night time routine

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
bet you were all expecting to see more photos of her flopped? :lol:

A little background : When Joey lost Noodle we worried about him getting lonely so started bringing him upstairs when we went to bed. He would have his nuggets on the bed :oops: When Lady Boo entered our house she too came upstairs with Joey. I can't honestly remember how much of the night they spent in the bedroom. When Pickle Mouse joined us the bedroom visits were put on hold whilst they bonded & all three bunnies would have their nuggets downstairs around midnight.

Mouse has been with us 14 months now. I've showed her the stairs but she really doesn't seem interested. I don't know if this is a confidence thing as it is only recently she will happily move out of the lounge of her own accord. Joey has shown no interest in going upstairs since Mouse either.

Boo on the other hand is very firmly attached to her night time routine. If it gets later than 12:30 she stomps her feet & whines at us. Once up there she will jump up, have a few treats, a 5 minute fuss then gets off the bed. Up to a month ago (ish) after her treats she would leg it downstairs briefly (Bob & I reckon she did this to wind M&J up - "smell my strawberry breath" :lol: but come back up again.

I sleep like a log usually but its poor at the moment & I'm pretty sure Boo is spending the whole night on our bedroom floor & she now only goes downstairs when OH gets up. Just lately (with the suspicion she is with us all night) I have put a litter tray with hay & oatigrass & bowl of water in the room but there is not much sign that these are used.

So why do you think she is being so weird? Why isn't she downstairs bonding with her own kind & stuffing her greedy face. She interacts with me daily by "helping" me to hoover, change their trays but by day deffo seems more bonded to the bunnies than us then.

I'm not worried just confused ...it seems distinctly non bunny to choose to spend all night with unresponsive humans

I have no idea, but it's quite cute that she wants to be with you and your oh at night :) x

It is sweet ...but damn weird at the same time :lol: I'm away tomorrow night & I'm hoping she doesn't spend all night in the bedroom which would show she loves me more but I expect its the OH

I had this with my previous bunny honey! :love:

She was fully bonded with Harvey, and they both had the whole of our bungalow but each night when we went to bed, honey would come straight in and settle down under our bed. We noticed she was staying under their the whole night, and wouldn't make a peep. We have always had free range bunnies and they love our bedroom but it was always weird how Harvey would never hardly come in, but honey was in their the whole night.

After a few days, we ended up adding a bowl of water and a small litter tray of hay which would happily munch on as I was getting so worried that she was going over 8 hours without eating! then still go to her main litter tray for the toilet.

Their was no real reason for this, but just was always very loyal with me and my partner and always had to be around us. Her and Harvey would still cuddle up always, and was an amazingly close bunnies but we guess just liked their space at night xx

I had this with my previous bunny honey! :love:

She was fully bonded with Harvey, and they both had the whole of our bungalow but each night when we went to bed, honey would come straight in and settle down under our bed. We noticed she was staying under their the whole night, and wouldn't make a peep. We have always had free range bunnies and they love our bedroom but it was always weird how Harvey would never hardly come in, but honey was in their the whole night.

After a few days, we ended up adding a bowl of water and a small litter tray of hay which would happily munch on as I was getting so worried that she was going over 8 hours without eating! then still go to her main litter tray for the toilet.

Their was no real reason for this, but just was always very loyal with me and my partner and always had to be around us. Her and Harvey would still cuddle up always, and was an amazingly close bunnies but we guess just liked their space at night xx

aww bless Honey . I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience this, not that it is bad (far from it) , just a bit quirky

Yes, damnit!

:lol: probably!

Maybe she's just watching, waiting, in case more treats are forthcoming, midnight-snack-like? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Could well be but she is not being terribly quick to catch on if that is the case, bless her & her weirdo ways (I think she might be autistic)

Back