• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor little new arrival at Barc (Warning , may be upsetting )

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper

This little boy arrived with us last night

Shouldn't have really taken him as trying to reduce numbers but how could I not .
So here is his story as I know ..
He was seen at livestock market in Holmfirth by someone . He was being sold for a pound . So the person ( who had done this before several times ) paid £2 for him and took him home .
She cleaned his wounds and fed him .
The downside is that this person , although good intentioned , had no where suitable for him . ( or several others from the same place) so they were housed in tiny cages .
Now because of this the Rspca had a call about this person , who by trying to do good had got herself in a pickle . And the rspca took him and several other buns away .
Liz ( rspca) took this little boy to the vets . He is very underweight and his back is a mass of scabby bite wounds . Thankfully they all look clean except one tiny wound that has a bit of pus . He is now on treatment and should make a good recovery .
When Liz told me about him I couldn't help but take him .
He is such a sweet little soul .
There is a moral to this story though ... I see so many people taking buns from free ads , markets , et shop adverts etc. then not being able to give them what they need .
While the intentions are good if you can't proved properly for them the stay away from these places and don't get yourselves into bother .
This little mite has come good . He will get what he needs now .
But how many bunnies don't . Good intentions aren't enough

Shouldn't have really taken him as trying to reduce numbers but how could I not .
He was seen at livestock market in Holmfirth by someone . He was being sold for a pound . So the person ( who had done this before several times ) paid £2 for him and took him home .
The downside is that this person , although good intentioned , had no where suitable for him . ( or several others from the same place) so they were housed in tiny cages .
Now because of this the Rspca had a call about this person , who by trying to do good had got herself in a pickle . And the rspca took him and several other buns away .
Liz ( rspca) took this little boy to the vets . He is very underweight and his back is a mass of scabby bite wounds . Thankfully they all look clean except one tiny wound that has a bit of pus . He is now on treatment and should make a good recovery .
There is a moral to this story though ... I see so many people taking buns from free ads , markets , et shop adverts etc. then not being able to give them what they need .
While the intentions are good if you can't proved properly for them the stay away from these places and don't get yourselves into bother .

Firstly, hello Angie. Oh how you are missed on RU

As for the poor wee Bunny, well what can I say. This time someone (you) was able to step in to help. But as you say, how many other Rabbits are not so lucky.
I know that if someone sees a Rabbit in a bad way it is impossible to walk away. But taking the Rabbit means that the person has to be in a position to keep him/her and provide him/her with all the care needed. As you say, good intentions can go horribly wrong when heart over-rules head.

I hope Bunny makes a rapid recovery. Have you named him yet ?

Gracious, what a state he's in :(

I'm so glad he's found you.

It's really difficult when seeing a bunny in that situation, you want to rescue but can't sustain it. I hope there will be more rescuers and less of the cruel people who allow this to happen. I rescue and foster as many as I can, on top of my own rabbits, but boundaries have to be set where clean and spacious accommodation and vet's bills are priority.

Bless and you and him :love:

Firstly, hello Angie. Oh how you are missed on RU

As for the poor wee Bunny, well what can I say. This time someone (you) was able to step in to help. But as you say, how many other Rabbits are not so lucky.
I know that if someone sees a Rabbit in a bad way it is impossible to walk away. But taking the Rabbit means that the person has to be in a position to keep him/her and provide him/her with all the care needed. As you say, good intentions can go horribly wrong when heart over-rules head.

I hope Bunny makes a rapid recovery. Have you named him yet ?

hello to you too Jane .

im always full of good intentions to come on here ..but there are never enough hours in the day .. put that with the fact ive had a broken lap top and then probs with photobucket and im afraid .. well ive been away from here a lot .. sorry

hes not named yet ... but i have a couple of ideas that fit in with our tree / plant name theme ... il update when ive decided .

hope you are well x

Good to see you, even if it is in these circumstances. He is gorgeous :love: poor thing, he's got such a friendly face. I am glad he's safe now. Hope he finds a new home soon. I keep working on my mum to get more rabbits but it's not worked (so far, but I'll keep trying ;))

Oh my goodness, the state of his back! Just tragic and then I saw his adorable little face.
So glad that you are taking care of him now, but it must be so frustrating for you.

What a poor little mite :( He does indeed have a very beautiful and gentle face. I really hope he heals well and that someone lovely comes along to give him a wonderful home.

Aw bless him. Tough situation for whoever spotted him there - I bet I couldn't have left him either.

How awful! Am not surprised you took him in - but you are absolutely right. I avoid the free ads as its just too upsetting.....

Hope you are doing ok!! xx

Back