• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I litter train my rabbits

Hi, I recently just got rabbits named Bandit and Saydi. They have a litter box in my room and I am not sure how to teach them to use it. They have a habit of using the bathroom on my floor and bed when I am not in the room. I need help om training them.

You need to put the litter tray where they are having a wee, once they are using it you can try to move it gradually to where you want it.
Hopefully they will start using the litter tray for their poohs as well, although this can sometimes be more unreliable
Do you have hay in the litter tray?

As above :thumb: also some rabbits seem to like weeing on soft surfaces like blankets, quilts etc! One RU member ended up with a puppy pen around her bed to keep her rabbits from using it as a toilet.

If you clean up poos and wees and neutralise the area where they have done a wee that might help. You might have to provide multiple litter trays, my rabbit has 1 large one and 3 smaller ones in his room! The large underbed storage boxes are good as there is plenty of room in them, cat litter trays are too small and they often wee over the side!

Back