• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What have yours eaten illicitly?

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
So, my buns have had the whole lawn to themselves every weekend for two months now. They're very good at illicitly moving the pen and sneaking stuff in. So far, we've seen evidence of them eating the following:

• Lavender
  • Rosemary (very rarely)
  • Strawberries (leaves and berries)
  • Raspberries (mostly just leaves)
  • Box
  • Hyacinth
  • Peony (tried but left alone now)
  • Rhubarb (leaf)
  • Oak leaves

We discovered the rhubarb had some odd straight edges one day so Matt trimmed it back; stupid bunnies :evil: Ditto the hyacinth: I took it out of Aboleth's reach. The lawn is under an oak tree so we can't stop the leaves falling (the wind blows whole twigs off easily), but we do clear them out before we let them in to minimise exposure, and when we see them. There've been absolutely no ill effects from the 'bad' stuff, thank gawd. They've made a lovely straight edge on the lavender too!

So what have yours sneaked in?

Cat biscuits (now kept in anotherror room)
Tomato leaves (we keep them trimmed and fenced in but sometimes they seem to grow a lot very quickly and the bunnies get them through the mesh)
Likewise with potato leaves.
Remote control buttons
A brand new phone case
Strawberry leaves that had overgrown
An entire bamboo plant (bar three leaves)
Our sofa covers

They were absolutely fine after ingesting the toxic stuff. I'm sure they're just trying to give me a heart attack. We planted a bed each of fennel and rocket and placed them at the back of the garden. They get to munch away at their hearts' content with the added thrill of believing they're eating illicitly :lol:

horse tails! Stupid Boo
IMG_3440_zps2ogucybm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

God only knows what else in the garden - I remove ivy & anything foxglove like & leave them to it. They are really good at not begging for human food though, even if its stuff like fruit & crackers

Cat crunchies
Aloe Vera
Sofa throws
Towels
Skirting boards
Door frames and mouldings
Floor mats
Cushion filling
Salad sandwiches
Raisin toast.
Newspapers and magazines (particularly partial to national geographic)
Kindle and phone cases.
Library books.

Quite a varied diet actually!

I used to have a pair of bonded lionheads. The female had beautiful long eyelashes and the male nibbled them all off!

A small portion of forest fruit scented soy candle 😑

Στάλθηκε από το Lenovo PB1-770M μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

When he was a baby he stole/attempted to steal -

A chunk of Skirting board and Wall
Rubber bands
Remote control buttons
Satsuma (from the fruit bowl up on the kitchen work top)
Bed linen
Curtain
Leather sofa
Mum's leather handbag
Attempt on a full English
Rich tea
Toast and jam
The coating of wires
Tortoise food
Chocolates at Christmas

Since then -

Anything tasty when the fridge opens!!

He's a foodie!

Last edited:
I leant the hay bag against Frankies wire. She ate the plastic. Most recently I discovered Cookie has been at the Lino under her paper. Lola ate circles out of the curtains and her fleece cosy house, oh and Cookie ate some of the cover of my sons joke book (that I'd told him not to leave in her reach!).

Poppy was never one for stealing food, but she did enjoy cardboard! She didn't eat a lot of it but she did enjoy a bit on special occasions ;)

I think if Ragnar was given the chance, he'd eat anything. He tried to steal a cheese string today, tried to steal some chips off my plate yesterday, but maybe it's his way of telling me not to eat food sitting on the sofa! He goes crazy if he ears a packet crinkle, it's hilarious but also a bit scary lol

Sonic once ate the chalk my cousin was drawing on the wall with... left perfect bunny teeth marks!

He doesn't really steal much, although if you have a glass of water on the floor he will stick his head in and take a drink :roll:

Wow. Where do i start...

Crackers
Shreddies
Carpet
Phone wires
Potato chips
Louis V bag
Raspberries
Walls
Phone case
Louboutins
Bread
Raisins
Cheese and onion crisps.

MrsC i know how you feel with the packet crinkling. Petra goes nuts as well!

I forgot about cables, Poppy chewed through so many, her favourite was the telephone cable, we had to buy 3 or 4 of them within a year :lol: And she chewed through two Singer sewing machine treadle cords, they're leather, I think she secretly was a carnivore at night ;)

bunnybannanas, I never had to really worry about it with Poppy, but I have to cough when I'm reaching into a packet, like what children do at school when they're not supposed to be eating in class :lol:

bunnybannanas, I never had to really worry about it with Poppy, but I have to cough when I'm reaching into a packet, like what children do at school when they're not supposed to be eating in class :lol:

I've tried this. She clicked on really quick!! She will also bound over if you move without her permission!!

Rugs (don't think they swallowed)
A house plant I don't know the name of
My knickers
A £60 pillow

Mine are pretty good for not eating things they shouldn't, but buns will be buns!

For creatures that have such delicate digestive systems - they seem to survive eating a very varied diet !!! :D:love:

Fantastic, thanks everyone :D

Mine didn't attempt the hunks (they weren't slices) of baguette with pate and chicken slices I left in their run while I got a cushion (someone was watching them the whole time!) the other day, and they won't drink out of my tin mug either (nor will most other humans, which is why I have one!). Lopsy was dead interested in my dandelion and burdock drink though :mrgreen: Aboleth likes to chew paper occasionally but it's not often enough for me to worry, and she much prefers just shredding it everywhere than actually eating it.

They do get excited at the sound of plastic bags though: I'm not sure why, they're never really had anything except readigrass out of a plastic bag and they're not superkeen on that. The only thing that regularly happens in a plastic bag is the litter goes into it! :lol: Daft things.

Last edited:
Mr Bennett

All the bottom of a huge four door built in wardrobe.

My antique double bed, until it nearly collapsed, so replaced it with a metal bed.

The bedroom carpet, had to replaced it for laminate flooring.

Leather jacket.

Womens shoes.

Several men's shirts.

Several throws.

Three or four double duvets.

Double bed quilted throw.

Three tunnels.

Duvet.

A huge hole in the mattress.

Sheets.

A few towels.

Skirtings boards.

Door frames

Antique desk

Antique dressing table

Pine trunk

Heater cable in bedroom and bathroom.

Laptop charger

Videos, DVDs and a pile of OH's book collection, some were over 50 years old.

He has never touched human food ie: crisps or something like that.

Cutie-pie, Sunshine and Bandit.

Pine double bed.

Bedroom curtains

Skirting boards.

Bandit is pretty good, he has never touched the curtains in their shed, which dangle down low to their base.

The chinchilla's

Metal blind

Remote control

Walls

Loads of throws

Ice pad

Plastic bottle

Three telephone cables

Anything they can reach.

Domino was such a food stealer, he once stole a packet of chewy cola laces and hid underneath a hutch where I couldnt get him and munched them, and you could see his face twisting up when he tasted how sour they were but he kept eating them. In October, I had some friends over because we were going to a Supernatural (TV show) convention, and we had some apple pie (because its a big thing on the show) and Domino stole one, pulled the top off and snaffled up the apple filling!

My favourite one however, is last Christmas I made a HUGE gingerbread house, in the style of Hogwarts. My cousin had a huge bit, but then felt sick and put the rest in the bin. I took the bin bag from the kitchen to put the rabbit mess in, and left it on the floor and well...Domino dove into the bag, pulled the huge bit of gingerbread out, which was actually almost as big at him AND covered in icing, and he started munching away, his little tail wiggling. I managed to get it off him but he loved it. little piggy.

I miss his naughtiness.

Back