• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nicholas' New Free Range Base.

rowan.godfrey

Alpha Buck
Hi All,

I posted a little while ago about making a free range base for Nicholas from an old Gentlemans wardrobe.

Well this is the 90% finished article!

7ddf71b662a71cc67f5ae84c1a462234.jpg

a796b5c2d71300b5ef68ec686f87e62e.jpg

I say 99% as there's just a tiny bit left to do. I plan to get him into it from mid week this week. The left hand door as you look at it will always be closed, the right hand door always open. He will obviously have a litter tray, food & water in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Lily, it has been a bit of a labour of love, my make it up as you go along approach the main reason!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt your rabbit would manage with those shelves and he could injure his back. I am sorry to say this but perhaps others have differernt opinions.

Hi TOnibun, it's no problem, all feedback is welcome (I certainly don't want to put Nicholas at risk!).

I will only allow him in it when I am present initially, that way if I do perceive any risk to the steps I can action it quickly.

I modelled them after the Trofast unit my Conti's use as steps, albeit on a Nethie scale, but if there is any risk I will remove them & rethink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks good. I did wonder about the 'steps' myself and how they would use them. But the overall idea for his base is great x

Back