• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Could I once again ask for vibes for Mimzy, please? U/D post #37 some results

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Tomorrow I have to take Mimzy to the vet for a full check up. He hasn't been eating much, is drinking a lot but not really weeing a great deal, and may have dental issues brewing. He is almost five years post headtilt now, he is very gimpy and crooked, has almost completely liquid cecals, is blind and deaf and just in general seems very aged and reaching a point of no return.

I am not entirely sure I am coming home with him (I know I've felt that a lot lately, but with Mimzy's current issues and due to his age and ongoing complications of his health, it is a real possibility) but don't want to cast a bad light on the whole visit. We will just have to see what we can do for him and if there is nothing, then we will have to begin thinking about that decision.

I know the trip alone will be disorienting for him. He doesn't do movement well and I hate stressing him, but there's no option for him otherwise. Our only visiting vet is one that only does end of life appointments. :(

If we could ask for any vibes going spare for my dearest boy, my soul bun, we would be so very grateful. He is at least 9 years old now. I hope he has been happy with me and, if God is willing, may make the trip to our new home safely and comfortably. It is very dependent on how the vet thinks he is doing when he sees him.

As always, thank you so much for reading. xxxx

Last edited:
Many, many vibes for you and Mimzy.

I know how it is - that feeling when you know the vet appointment is coming up and the eventual outcome is inevitable, the only question is when. Sending you lots of hugs. xxx

What a worrying and stressful time for you :( Sending loads and loads of vibes for Mimzy and some hugs for you.

Thinking of you and your lovely Mimzy, I hope the vet can make him comfortable for as long as possible xx

I know that as always you will do what is best for Mimzy M. I do hope that the Vet may be able to help him to feel more comfortable. Sending millions of vibes for him and hugs for you xx

Thank you, everyone.
I can't express adequately how I do not want to be doing this today. Poor sleep, little nourishment, nerves screaming, stomach churning...and to add more worry, when I cleaned Mimzy up last night he startled badly and wee'd all over me. The color and amount of sludge was shocking. I fear a lifetime of high dose daily metacam has taken it's toll. :(

My poor boy. He deserves better than me. :cry:

Scared to death and I'm doing this alone today. God help me. :cry:

Thank you, everyone.
I can't express adequately how I do not want to be doing this today. Poor sleep, little nourishment, nerves screaming, stomach churning...and to add more worry, when I cleaned Mimzy up last night he startled badly and wee'd all over me. The color and amount of sludge was shocking. I fear a lifetime of high dose daily metacam has taken it's toll. :(

My poor boy. He deserves better than me. :cry:

Scared to death and I'm doing this alone today. God help me. :cry:

He has the BEST care giver. He would not have survived all his problems for so long without you. I will be going off-line shortly. But be assured that you and Mimzy will remain in my thoughts and I am about to ask The Inspector to watch over you too. Whatever the outcome of today, his special presence will be with both you and Mimzy.

(((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))) xx

Sending you and Mimzy lots of vibes for the vet visit and I hope that the vet is able to find a way to make Mimzy more comfortable. Lots of hugs to you too, I can only imagine how stressful and upsetting this is for you xxx

Many vibes for your little trooper - it sounds like you've been an exceptional carer to him. Thinking of you both

Back