• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing our new additions xx

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I thought it was about time I introduced our two new additions,

Theo

Sydney

Both boys are three year old mini lops, but not related.

The story - So we already had four buns, a trio of girls and one single doe, we had recently rescued.

My dh had placed a free ad for anyone who might have an old shed, playhouse or hutch/run, they no longer needed. The plan being to create some large outdoor accommodation for our doe and her future 'husbun'.

We only had one response, a lady saying she had a friend who had a hutch and metal playpen for sale but that it came with two rabbits. Ok, so not exactly what we had in mind, but I couldn't help being interested. After lots of emailing back and forth we decided to go ahead. It seemed like it was meant to be, as these two had kind of fallen in our laps. Now Buffy (our single doe) could potentially have a couple of boyfriends, oh well we thought, we wanted to get another, we just happen to have another two, lol.

They have settled in really well this last couple of weeks. They don't like being picked up much, but once you have them, they are happy to be stroked. We are smitten with them both.

So, the plan is to re-introduce these two boys as they had previously fallen out (and currently live separately) and introduce them to Buffy once she's been spayed.

Thanks for reading x

Hi all,

I thought it was about time I introduced our two new additions,

Theo

Sydney

Both boys are three year old mini lops, but not related.

The story - So we already had four buns, a trio of girls and one single doe, we had recently rescued.

My dh had placed a free ad for anyone who might have an old shed, playhouse or hutch/run, they no longer needed. The plan being to create some large outdoor accommodation for our doe and her future 'husbun'.

We only had one response, a lady saying she had a friend who had a hutch and metal playpen for sale but that it came with two rabbits. Ok, so not exactly what we had in mind, but I couldn't help being interested. After lots of emailing back and forth we decided to go ahead. It seemed like it was meant to be, as these two had kind of fallen in our laps. Now Buffy (our single doe) could potentially have a couple of boyfriends, oh well we thought, we wanted to get another, we just happen to have another two, lol.

They have settled in really well this last couple of weeks. They don't like being picked up much, but once you have them, they are happy to be stroked. We are smitten with them both.

So, the plan is to re-introduce these two boys as they had previously fallen out (and currently live separately) and introduce them to Buffy once she's been spayed.

Thanks for reading x

Goodness me you've been busy behind the scenes :D

They are absolutely gorgeous!

I thought I was looking at the same rabbit to begin with :lol:

You really have a kind (and inquisitive!) heart :love:

That was quick, thank you :)

I forgot to add that they were being re-homed due to a change in circumstances and it was obvious the previous owners loved them very much. We are going to keep in touch with them x

That was quick, thank you :)

I forgot to add that they were being re-homed due to a change in circumstances and it was obvious the previous owners loved them very much. We are going to keep in touch with them x

I often wonder what happens when people need rid of rabbits. What happens to them all?

These clearly have a very bright future :D

Awwww very beautiful & handsome bunnies!

Totally off the subject you say DH a fair bit - what does it stand for please?

Yay, it's good to meet Buffy's future boys. :love: They are really gorgeous. Can't believe you got her husbuns before I got Seffy's though!

Thanks, I finally got round to uploading some photos.

She's going to be a little spoilt isn't she :lol: fingers crossed they all get on when the time comes. The boys have been doing some 'pre-bonding' (a playpen in our big run, so they can see each other) they seem fine so far, no aggression.

Hope Sef is well after her op and good luck with finding her a husbun x

They are gorgeous :love: I love lops, although you wouldn't know as my 2 (and the one I'm hoping to bond with them) are uppy eared! My next rabbit will have to be a lop :lol:

It didn't seem right to not include a photo of Buffy, seeing as she is the lucky girl who gets to bond with them (fingers crossed)! x

She really is such a lovely rabbit. This was her not long after her de-matting. You may have seen her story on here, when we first got her she was in an awful state with terribly matted / dirty fur. The vet had to completely shave her x

All three are gorgeous rabbits :) I so hope that they will bond nicely when the time comes. When are you planning to have Buffy spayed? She is such a lovely delicate little thing.

Back