• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So many wildies this evening - lots of big photos

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
dragged OH out on foraging walk this evening & we were rewarded with lots & lots of wildies :love:

IMG_3765_zps3gt5cylg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3764_zpslvsaetml.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lovely photos! Great to see them laid out in the grass without a care in the world. We have very few wildies around where I live, but a large population of hares.

Love to see them lounging about! Reminds me of mine, especially Matthew, in 'his' living room. He loved it when the room was tidy and there was a big area of carpet for him to be lord of! And the way they would all lounge about in their compounds when I'd just cleaned them out, as if they'd done all the work themselves. :love:

We see dozens of wildies when we're walking with Rhodri. Thankfully he never seems to notice them, he's too busy pestering me to throw his ball!

Great photos :)
The bunnies are probably sitting in their burrows right now saying 'yes this hot weather really brings out those wildie humans. We were out enjoying the sunshine yesterday evening and saw dozens of those humans out and about. Nice to see them getting out instead of sitting in their brick burrows staring at a tv box'.

'Too hot to be sat up! But I'm still watching you...!' :D Never seen ours lying down, but there's not much very open space this side of the Boulevard so they need to be prepared for cats. Love the really big 'lots of bunnies faraway' photo, great perspective!

I'm pleased you all enjoyed them.

Pippinsmum- Hares are wonderful aren't they ...I'd love to have them local to me

Yes - the wildies are probably where their supplies of knapweed have got to. Liz - you made me lol

JJ - I have a strong belief that local rabbits were impacted on heavily by rhvd2 last year - no signs of myxi but I probably saw a handful of rabbits (& I'm always on the look out) over a full year. So nice they are back in abundance :)

Wonderful pics :love: wish I saw wildies around here!

What are all the little patches of grass dotted here and there - just places where they haven't managed to nibble down the grass? It intrigues me for some reason...guess it's because the grass is so short in most spots, except those little patches!

I dunno William..you have me wondering too. Across the road there is a field with several clusters of really coarse grass - when it rains excessively the lambs curl up on them to keep them off the sodden grass, it's so cute :love:

I'm pleased you all enjoyed them.

Pippinsmum- Hares are wonderful aren't they ...I'd love to have them local to me

Yes - the wildies are probably where their supplies of knapweed have got to. Liz - you made me lol

JJ - I have a strong belief that local rabbits were impacted on heavily by rhvd2 last year - no signs of myxi but I probably saw a handful of rabbits (& I'm always on the look out) over a full year. So nice they are back in abundance :)

Always lovely to see wildies in aBUNdance !!

Back