• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutches/Houses

JimmyT28

Young Bun
Hey All,

would everyone mind posting pics of there hutches/houses/shed/runs that they keep there rabbits in, I have been given a rabbit, but the hutch she has is probably to small for her, so at present, she is given free reign of the garden, luckily my partner is on maternity leave so she gets to be out of the hutch virtually all day long, she has been out the hutch since 6am this morning, and only seems to pop back in for a drink.

Anyway, I do need to upgrade her hutch and get a run, but want some idea's, and to decide whether to get a hutch and run, or a shed

Hi there! Sheds/playhouses are better than hutches so if you can I would go for one of these. They last much longer than hutches do. There are many examples in the Housing Section if you would care to have a look.

Hi there! Sheds/playhouses are better than hutches so if you can I would go for one of these. They last much longer than hutches do. There are many examples in the Housing Section if you would care to have a look.

Thank You, I had a look in Housing section, looks like some great hutches, shed, playhouses etc in there. I was thinking of going for the playhouse option, and then getting a run to fit to the front or side as well. :)

Hi there, we have a hutch within an aviary. I do plan to move the hutch into a shed next door to the aviary when we've got things organised in the garden.

21c9mav.jpg

2igiu07.jpg

24awzh3.jpg

(Excuse the patchy paint job!)

That looks awesome louise. The hutch alone looks huge, do you mind me asking how big it is? Also I'd love to know where you got the matting from, looks like something I could use for my set up. Thanks x

Hiya, thanks. It was a funny size so I could fit it through the aviary door (as I always manage to do things in the wrong order.. :oops: ) It's 6.5ft wide x 2ft deep x 3ft high standing on 2ft legs. I wish it was deeper! But they do love it.

The black floor mat was from Arkmat on Amazon, has been really good and very easy to clean.

I love looking at housing setups. Hope others post :) X

Thanks, it looks great, I think because it's 3ft high (plus legs) it looks really grand.

I love looking at everyone's set ups too.

Mine is a work in progress. This is my run, it's 12ftx6ftx3ft. At the moment it has a small playpen inside to keep my two boys separate, we've only had them a couple of weeks and their previous owner said they don't get on. This way we can do a bit of 'pre-bonding'. It's actually for my trio of girls and will be connected to a shed and put on slabs eventually as they are crazy diggers (the boys haven't attempted any digging thankfully) x

Wow that's big, lucky buns! :) The sloped roof must be great for keeping off rain? Looks really nice and solid :)

Yes, we are really pleased with it. Having the roof is great, it's completely felted and as you can see in the photo it is removable in four sections. Having the slope means that it's tall enough for us to sit in too. We had it bespoke made to get exactly what we wanted x

Aha brilliant idea! I love how creative you can get with wood and mesh :-D X

It's great OP that you're taking the time to see what you'd like. These things are always a work in progress :lol:

Best of luck

Back