• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Does a Pomapoo Pup Keep Cool on a VERY Hot Day ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
By becoming aquainted with a (clean!) litter tray of cool water.

At first he was not at all sure and he had a good bark at the red beastie

But then he realised that playing with the water in a litter tray is as much fun as playing with the water in his drinking bowl (............:roll: :lol:).

And a very short video, click on the image to play

Bless him, it must be so hard being furry in this weather!

I've got a water spray for Rhodri and he loves it, we're waiting for it to cool down a bit and then we're going to take him for a swim.

:lol::lol: Isn't it funny how suspicious animals are of new objects. OH was cutting some hay a couple of days ago and the chickens wouldn't go near the tools he was using :)

Well *if* the hot weather continues, Morse should now know just how much fun water and the big red beastie can be :lol:

:lol::lol: Isn't it funny how suspicious animals are of new objects. OH was cutting some hay a couple of days ago and the chickens wouldn't go near the tools he was using :)

Well *if* the hot weather continues, Morse should now know just how much fun water and the big red beastie can be :lol:

Seems very sensible to me !!

The heatwave is meant to end in an enormous thunderstorm within the next 48 hours. I like the sunshine, but not this oppressive heat. In London the air quality is awful and I am only in the suburbs. Goodness knows how people cope in the city. They must hardly be able to breathe.

He is so gorgeous - what a sweetie.:love:

My two Shih Tzu's wouldn't go near their paddling pool this weekend - but had great fun chasing water whilst I watered the flowers so we got round it that way :D

I love thunderstorms - it can't come soon enough...I have an hour on the train out of London home soon - I am just dreading it.:(

He is so gorgeous - what a sweetie.:love:

My two Shih Tzu's wouldn't go near their paddling pool this weekend - but had great fun chasing water whilst I watered the flowers so we got round it that way :D

I love thunderstorms - it can't come soon enough...I have an hour on the train out of London home soon - I am just dreading it.:(

Oh good grief :cry:

Do you have to use the underground too ? I would die down there, I am sure of it. Not been on a train for over 20 years and I hope never to have to do so again. Especially the underground. I have always been terrified of that. I blame Dr Who C1968.....................

We have a kiddie wading pool for Ebon. She used to submerge her entire nose in the water and blow bubbles. We nicknamed her "Scuba Doo" after that. :lol:

Oh my goodness, those first pix where he's trying to sneak up on it! :lol::lol::lol: I love it! The video is adorable too, oh we must have more like that if you can, Jane. ! :love:

Ebon was walking with me around the yard last year and she has this habit of suddenly taking offense at the slightest thing...it may be something she's seen a million times before but somehow it strikes her as ominous all at once. This happened as we rounded the back corner of the house and she spied the canoe tipped on it's side on the ground. She backed up, took a defensive stance and started growling and barking and then outright lunging at it...I practically couldn't stand for laughing, what a nutter she can be!

My OH wants to shave her down before we leave the state because she's likely to be much warmer where we're going, but I know dogs need some coat covering them so they don't sunburn...not that Ebon is likely to allow anything like a set of clippers near her anytime soon if she doesn't trust the canoe! :roll: :lol:

He's just one of the cutest loveliest looking dogs I've ever seen. I'm getting dangerously dog broody here!

Brilliant :D OH did the same with our buns but they didn't want to paddle XD I said they probably wouldn't but then I also don't put anything past bunnies! He looks lovely in the sunshine :D

Back