• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RHD2 and Manchester vets

CwningenBach

Warren Scout
Hello all,

Seems an eternity since I was last here, however just read an article on MSN about this bug. Navi and Sherlock are both due, in fact, overdue their usual vaccine.

The article says there is no vaccine available in the UK, suggesting that there is one available, just not there. Quick read on here confirms that for me! Where can I get the vaccine in Manchester? If it's possible to get, can they have it at the same time as their combined vaccine?

Thank you!

Hello!

There is indeed a vaccine available and Manchester is one of the areas where a goodly number of vets do seem to have it! I've been trying to plot which vets have the vaccine here: http://rhd2map.ajltech.co.uk/index.php?&p=vaccines

It needs to be given at least 2 weeks apart from the combo vaccine as they haven't been tested together (this is normal advice for vaccines from different manufacturers) so I would go ahead and book in the normal vaccine ASAP and then for the filavac a couple of weeks after that. Personally I'd leave 3 weeks before giving the other one, as the myxo-rhd one takes 3 weeks to develop full immunity which yours might need if they're slightly overdue, so that gives them a little longer to deal with that vaccine before getting the second one. Good luck :)

Hello!

There is indeed a vaccine available and Manchester is one of the areas where a goodly number of vets do seem to have it! I've been trying to plot which vets have the vaccine here: http://rhd2map.ajltech.co.uk/index.php?&p=vaccines

It needs to be given at least 2 weeks apart from the combo vaccine as they haven't been tested together (this is normal advice for vaccines from different manufacturers) so I would go ahead and book in the normal vaccine ASAP and then for the filavac a couple of weeks after that. Personally I'd leave 3 weeks before giving the other one, as the myxo-rhd one takes 3 weeks to develop full immunity which yours might need if they're slightly overdue, so that gives them a little longer to deal with that vaccine before getting the second one. Good luck :)

You're wonderful. Thank you very, very much :)

I should have known really, Ashleigh vets have it. I don't use them, but mainly because I used a particular vet when I got my bunnies and they've served well since. I do know, though, just how highly though of Ashleigh are. Has anyone used them to get their buns vaccinated against RHD2? All good?

I should have known really, Ashleigh vets have it. I don't use them, but mainly because I used a particular vet when I got my bunnies and they've served well since. I do know, though, just how highly though of Ashleigh are. Has anyone used them to get their buns vaccinated against RHD2? All good?

I think biscandmatt1 has :)

yes had my bun done there :wave:

I have Crash Bunny booked into Ashleigh Vets at the next RVHD2 vaccination clinic on the 26th this month at 12pm. I just called up and booked in, I'm seeing a vet not nurse so more expensive but its due to not being registered with them, theyve not seen Crash before.

Hey everyone!

I called, just missed out on the one next week because it's done as a block booking; all full up :( They're going to try and fit me in next week, they're letting me know. If not, as soon as possible.

Thanks so much for letting me know if you've had it done/are booked in, makes me feel a bit more at ease about it!

Same as you Shayne_, my bunnies will have to see a vet as well. From their reputation, am delighted to have the bunnies checked out by one of their vets really.

Quick one, Petra is an indoor bunny with no contact with any animal (aside from the tortoise that lives in here with her) does she need a vaccine?!

Think it can potentially come in via their hay? My two are indoor (live in city centre apartment) but still think it's worth getting it done. At least, if I'm right about that hay thing!

Hey everyone!

I called, just missed out on the one next week because it's done as a block booking; all full up :( They're going to try and fit me in next week, they're letting me know. If not, as soon as possible.

Thanks so much for letting me know if you've had it done/are booked in, makes me feel a bit more at ease about it!

Same as you Shayne_, my bunnies will have to see a vet as well. From their reputation, am delighted to have the bunnies checked out by one of their vets really.

I hope you do get in the next time, I feel the same about getting Crash seen, he has only been seen by Vets4Pets vets so I'm eager for him to be checked by more reputable vets and that they have experience giving this vaccination, even if ive got to travel far (from blackpool to manchester)

Quick one, Petra is an indoor bunny with no contact with any animal (aside from the tortoise that lives in here with her) does she need a vaccine?!

I've heard it can travel via hay, clothing, shoes, items from petshops etc from handling, second hand goods and so on an so on.. I would have vaccinated anyway just to be safe.

My two have just had their vaccination. Ashleigh, as you all know, are bloody wonderful. Hopefully, all will be well with Sherlock and Navi. Sherlock seems cool, Navi looking very sorry for herself, which is unusual... then again, probably feels violated; she's just had her first (incredibly) thorough and proper health check. My other vets have always struggled to check her teeth and keep her still etc. To be fair, Ashleigh vet did too BUT managed it. So, so impressed!

My two have just had their vaccination. Ashleigh, as you all know, are bloody wonderful. Hopefully, all will be well with Sherlock and Navi. Sherlock seems cool, Navi looking very sorry for herself, which is unusual... then again, probably feels violated; she's just had her first (incredibly) thorough and proper health check. My other vets have always struggled to check her teeth and keep her still etc. To be fair, Ashleigh vet did too BUT managed it. So, so impressed!

Yay for Ashleigh vets :wave:

I expect Navi is in a big sulk after having some pesky Vet shove a scope in her mouth and a needle in her neck ! I bet you are glad that you have got the vaccinations done xx

Back