• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

building bunny run from scratch

chareg96

Young Bun
hi all :) i currently have phoebe who is a house rabbit but we are soon going to be getting her a friend and then they will live happily together in a hutch outside which has a small run already attached to it. however i am wanting to building a run that i can connect with some pipes so they have lots of room. i just do not know where to start with it nor do i know what kind of materials i need. so if someone could help me and send me in the right direction that would be great! :D

IMG_2285%20copy_zpse7aobbbm.jpg

I'm going to say don't do it!
In my experience, you won't save very much money, and it will be hugely time consuming.
I'd buy one or have one made if possible.

I'm going to say don't do it!
In my experience, you won't save very much money, and it will be hugely time consuming.
I'd buy one or have one made if possible.

I'm with esupi - unless you can build it with aviary panels on the cheap, its not worth it. Even with aviary panels, you'll need to re-enforce them with wielded mesh to prevent against predators.
Much easier/cheaper to either get one made for you, or to buy a pre-made one.

It's not cheap to build your own, and it can be dependent o having all the right tools to hand. Even something like a pair of wire cutters isn't cheap.

My OH is currently building mine from scratch - we have one 4ftx12ft run up so far. I have a thread running here but haven't updated for a while because whilst there's progress, it isn't visible progress. However- he's a joiner/carpenter by trade and already had most of the heavy duty gear we needed. The good thing with it is that I know the quality is higher than I could buy. :love:

I also agree with the cost aspect of building your own! Unless you already have some spare stuff lying around, it usually works out cheaper to buy (from the decent places too, not the cheap ones). I costed mine out at £290 and it was £300 for a ready-made one (2yrs ago) :S

Back