• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish Us Luck..

Sammysdct

Young Bun
So in just under an hour I'm going to be taking Lolly Hop into my little girls nursery. Hopefully she will behave, and show off her tricks for them. I'm hoping to challenge their idea of just what a rabbit is like as a pet. IE not something to be left on its own sitting in a hutch all day.

I've been exposing Lolly Hop to various different scenarios, such as taking her outside on her harness to see how well I can keep her focus. Also had several people visit & gone through the routine with Lolly pretty much when they arrived. She has been a bit distracted in both cases, but managed to do what I asked her.

I'm more worried about being able to keep my 3 year old under control. She has a nasty habit of trying to take over when I'm doing things with Lolly hop.

Wish us all luck.

Good luck - please do remember to tell the little uns Lolly Hop is a really special bun being able to do all this. I hope you dont mind me saying. Its just as a little girl I'd have seen Lolly Hop, probably wanted a rabbit & a rabbit that could do tricks at that x

We're back now. I think Lolly Hop has forgiven me.

It went really well. The children sat nicely, and I was able to lead Lolly Hop around so that everyone got a stroke. She opened some drawers to get some food, much to the amazement of the class, who clapped at the first one. Off ran Lolly, but I managed to bet her back, and she finished opening them. She also jumped through a hoop a couple of times.Then decided that she had had enough, & completely ignored me, running off around the classroom instead, so didn't get to see her running through her tunnels. At which point I brought her back to the circle, sat her near me with some food & did Q&A. Then home before Lolly got too stressed.

I did say that I think Lolly Hop is a really special Bunny. Some of the children were a bit afraid, as they thought she might bite. I told them she has never bitten anyone, and another child in the class chirped up with "mine does". Doh.

Teacher was really happy, thanked us lots & agreed that everyone behaved beautifully.

We go back in on Friday morning, so that the morning children, can see her as well.
The class teacher thinks it is the perfect thing for nursery age children. Jokingly asked if she could book us for next year.

Overall very happy. One of the class assistants said they are actually thinking of getting a house rabbit now.
:D

Back