• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flooring for Indoor Base

rowan.godfrey

Alpha Buck
Hi All,

I am currently building Nicholas an indoor base for free ranging. It is an old Gentlemans wardrobe, and once painted up I will need to floor it. I am thinking of the following options;

Carpet Tiles
Self Adhesive Vinyl Tiles
Cork Tiles

I am making it look smart as it will be a focal point in my living room.

Any thoughts welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How litter trained is he - I'd avoid carpet unless the answer is good :) Otherwise any of those would work. You could also get an offcut of lino and do it in one piece so you have less gaps which are easier to get teeth around.

The answer is very litter trained so far - goes in one corner & no stray poo apart from the odd one flicked out by mistake. I don't know why but I'm leaning towards Cork on the bottom level then cork on the shelf with vet bed over the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've not used cork before but I don't think it would be as durable as other options, I think rabbits nails on it would damage it. I have used vynil flooring before, you can often get freebies if you try in independent carpet shops. I once did a double decker hutch for free, the carpet shop owner was apologetic that he hadn't got the same colour for upstairs as downstairs :lol:

I'm currently using leftover lino for my bun's hutch, it has worked really well so far with protecting the floor - and (if your rabbit isn't a chewer) I would also recommend putting something like a towel or fleece down for traction too. :D

Back