• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeds

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
I know the list is endless of breeds of rabbits but what is the smallest breed?? What breed is considered to be small, medium or large?? My girls are between 4 and 5 months now and everyone comments that they are small (they are really greedy and will eat like hoovers given the chance) , they look like (from what ive seen in books) to be cross breed English spot rabbits..... would they be classed as small or medium rabbits?? What age is a rabbit fully grown??

The Polish rabbit is a tiny breed - much smaller than a Netherland Dwarf. Most pet rabbits are probably of mixed breed. I count 'small' as anything up to about 1.5kg, anything over 2kg as 'medium'. I've not had a rabbit over about 2.5kg - mine are mostly Lionhead / Netherland Dwarf type crosses. I have seen some huge rabbits at shows - as big as a medium size dog.

Back