• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Enya's Not Well -U/D 15th July :-( :-( :-(

You can have all the best vibes I can muster for the lovely Enya, Jane. I hope she will be okay soon. xxxxxxxxxxx

Sending vibes for Enya and for you, too, as it's very stressful having a poorly bunny away in the vet hospital. I know my tummy is a mass of butterflies waiting to hear how s/he is doing and I always tend to imagine the worst.

xxx

Thank you everyone

We dont yet know exactly what is wrong. Enya is almost 9 now and in the last couple of years she has needed a Dental every 5-6 months. But she only had a Dental 7 weeks ago, yet she already has some sharp points on her left lower molars and all her molars are growing all over the place so they are just not wearing down at all. Enya also has evidence of tooth root elongation, a blocked nasolacrimal duct and worsening arthritis in her hips/spine. C is doing a GA Dental/nasolacrimal duct flush. Then we'll review Enya's analgesic cover. She's already on a moderate dose of Metacam and Tramadol prn, but it is obviously not enough to deal with both the tooth root pain and the arthritic pain.

Enya is not a hands on Rabbit at all, she never has been. But at the moment she is far too compliant, no feistiness at all :cry: She will only eat grass, coriander and dried Ribwort and she has lost weight as a result.

Because of Enya's demeanour I have a really bad feeling about things :cry:

Back