• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny room

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
So we had our manor pet housing delivery today.
Girls have used their dig box, litter tray and the horrible divan bed that we had in the room has been changed into a wooden warren hide hole.

f9ab545b032373f6eda2aca58e7e34f5.jpg

2ebea1e13cc5ebecb52dc736da0101fc.jpg

45d16665d569a12206f440cd7a97b7ca.jpg

e8618c078b5e79c1f61a3629008ad269.jpg

The old divan

6bd28e5093a0f352fba9415b3e765b72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

That's really great and I love the hay rack - did you buy it or make it? As long as the buns don't get frustrated trying to get to the hay! Clever idea with the bed - I was looking for a cabin bed with similar in mind but have put that on hold for the time being. Your Butterfly Lop is just like my old Bobby :love:

Can I have Mouse back please? :lol: I bet they love all that. My 1st house bunny ever had a similar divan arrangement..that she made herself :lol:

That's really great and I love the hay rack - did you buy it or make it? As long as the buns don't get frustrated trying to get to the hay! Clever idea with the bed - I was looking for a cabin bed with similar in mind but have put that on hold for the time being. Your Butterfly Lop is just like my old Bobby :love:

All our hay racks are from MPH. The one with bars we'll have to alter (saw out every 2nd bar to make the gap bigger) Poor Phoebe can't get her nose in to get the hay out.

The girls are so impressed with the bed. Makes it worth annoying the neighbours with the saw going at 10:30pm. (We are normally very aware of how we might anoy the neighbours and avoid it but lately they've all be so & so's, it was time for payback).

A quick opinion from you all, would carpet or lino do better on the top of the wooden things? The girls cope well with the wooden surface but I'm anxious they might slip.

We plan on painting it soon so it looks a bit brighter but I do kinda like the wood effect.

I always prefer lino to carpet and it isn't as slippy as wood. Did you order from MDH on line?

I always prefer lino to carpet and it isn't as slippy as wood. Did you order from MDH on line?
Yeah. But didn't realise the bars were so close and Phoebe has a habit of climbing into the rack with holes so we didn't bother with that one.

That's amazing! What good use of the divan too.

I did wonder how they get the hay out of that rack .. They will be having a marvellous time with all that xx

That's amazing! What good use of the divan too.

I did wonder how they get the hay out of that rack .. They will be having a marvellous time with all that xx
I've now just cut half the bars in the tray so much easier to get the hay out. Glad I didn't break it.
c56c519886db1924ecff62287b659336.jpg

All our hay racks are from MPH. The one with bars we'll have to alter (saw out every 2nd bar to make the gap bigger) Poor Phoebe can't get her nose in to get the hay out.

The girls are so impressed with the bed. Makes it worth annoying the neighbours with the saw going at 10:30pm. (We are normally very aware of how we might anoy the neighbours and avoid it but lately they've all be so & so's, it was time for payback).

A quick opinion from you all, would carpet or lino do better on the top of the wooden things? The girls cope well with the wooden surface but I'm anxious they might slip.

We plan on painting it soon so it looks a bit brighter but I do kinda like the wood effect.

I would say carpet, but it's honestly a pain to have to clean it. Lino is easier and could work with the 'wood effect' that you want? Suppose it's really up to what you're looking for and what the bunnies would be okay with! I would use something on top of the wood though, just to protect it, never know when bunnies might have an accident (toilet wise) :lol:

I would say carpet, but it's honestly a pain to have to clean it. Lino is easier and could work with the 'wood effect' that you want? Suppose it's really up to what you're looking for and what the bunnies would be okay with! I would use something on top of the wood though, just to protect it, never know when bunnies might have an accident (toilet wise) :lol:
Thankfully they only have 'accidents' on vet bedding so I'll be avoiding that.

I might try carpet as the girls get on well with it and id like them to have a soft place to lay. Then if no luck it's nice and cheap so can be thrown away and swapped for something like lino.

When I was looking in to bunny friendly flooring I thought of cork tiles. Its a eco friendly (removed from the tree without killing it), naturally anti bacterial & easy to clean . Just an idea.

When I was looking in to bunny friendly flooring I thought of cork tiles. Its a eco friendly (removed from the tree without killing it), naturally anti bacterial & easy to clean . Just an idea.

I like this idea. We'll have a look into it. Thank you :)

Back